The Part-Time Grant is directly administered by the Indiana Commission for Higher Education. Independent students who plan to enroll part-time (6 – 11 credit hours) in the 2015-16 academic year and wish to be considered for the grant must complete the Part-Time Grant application by July 1 prior to the academic year of intended enrollment.
Additional information, including program requirements is available on the Part-Time Grant webpage.
21st Century Scholars Award
Students first receiving the 21st Century Scholars award for the 2013-14 academic year or after must:
- Complete 30 credit hours their first year, 60 credit hours by the end of their second year and 90 credit hours by the end of their third year in order to maintain eligibility for the 21st Century Scholars award.
- Students who do not complete the required 30, 60 or 90 credit hours will lose their 21st Century Scholars eligibility. However, they may be considered for a Frank O’Bannon grant if they meet O’Bannon Grant eligibility requirements and complete at least 24 credit hours during their first year, 48 credit hours by the end of their second year and 72 credit hours by the end of their third year.
Lost eligibility can be regained. For example, a 21st Century Scholars recipient who completes 27 credit hours in year one and loses eligibility but is able to complete 60 credit hours by the end of year two will regain eligibility in year three.
Frank O’Bannon Grant
Students first receiving the Frank O’Bannon grant for the 2013-14 academic year or after must:
- Complete 30 credit hours their first year, 60 credit hours by the end of their second year and 90 credit hours by the end of their third year in order to maintain the ‘On-Time’ scheduled award (higher award) for the Frank O’Bannon grant.
- Frank O’Bannon grant recipients who do not complete the 30, 60, or 90 credit hours but complete 24 credit hours their first year, 48 credit hours by the end of their second year and 72 credit hours by the end of their third year will remain eligible for the ‘Full-Time’ scheduled award (reduced award) Frank O’Bannon grant. Note: Students who enrolled prior to the 2012-13 academic year are not eligible for the ‘On-Time’ award.
Frank O’Bannon Grant Incentives:
Academic and Technical Honors Diploma Incentive:
- Frank O’Bannon recipients awarded an academic or technical honors diploma in high school will receive an incentive during their first year in college.
- Frank O’Bannon recipients that maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA during their sophomore, junior, and senior years may be eligible for the incentive.
Accelerated Track Incentive:
- Frank O’Bannon recipients who complete 39 credit hours after their first year and complete 78 credit hours after their second year may be eligible for an accelerated track incentive. Note: Accelerated incentives are only available to students who first enrolled in the 2013-14 academic year or after.
Associate Degree Incentive:
- Frank O’Bannon recipients that earn an Associate Degree before enrolling in a baccalaureate program may also be eligible for an incentive.
Other State Aid Requirements and Provisions:
- State Aid recipients must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress as defined by the institution (Purdue University North Central) in order to be eligible for state awards.
- Establishes annual awards rather than term-based awards, allowing students greater flexibility in using their state aid.
- Sets into law an appeal process for students unable to meet the above requirements.
Additional information is available at State Financial Aid – General Information.