Join The Writing Center Staff!
Would you like to join the Writing Center and aid others in writing, as well as gain a valuable learning experience and make money at the same time? The Purdue North Central Writing Center is always in need of a few good tutors! Here's how to become a tutor:
- To be eligible to tutor, all applicants need to have completed English 10100 and 10200 with some degree of proficiency.
- Applications for new tutors are accepted only in the spring semester and are always due on the last day of classes.
To apply for a tutor position, submit the following application materials:
- 1-2 page letter that explains why you want to be a tutor
- A resume which lists as references the names and phone numbers of two of your professors
- A piece of writing with which you are especially proud
Successful applicants will be scheduled for an interview. Other Writing Center staff members may also be present at the interview.
Tutors who are hired are required to take English 39000 in the Fall semester and must attend a mandatory orientation session on the Friday before the first week of classes in the Fall.