Web 2.0 can enhance a lot of aspects of your course, in both big and small ways. The great thing is that you have full control over how much you do, and how you do it, because each tool is easy to understand and freely accessible.
Some tools that can help you enhance what you’re doing in your classroom include:
- Prezi (for presentations)
- Facebook and Twitter (for communicating and sharing)
- VoiceThread (for collaborative presentations and podcasts)
- Evernote (productivity and sharing tool)
- Symbaloo (visual link sharing)
- Pearltrees (concept mapping and diagramming)
- Socrative (interactive questioning and student response)
There are many, many more tools available where those came from! A terrific and constantly updated list is http://cooltoolsforschools.wikispaces.com. This site has links and information about nearly every Web 2.0 tool imaginable, and provides them in a nicely categorized format. It is highly recommended that you check out this site if you are looking for a specific type of tool to enhance what you are doing with your students online and in the classroom with technology.