Support for Online Learners
Is online learning for you? Do you have questions about getting started? This is the place to learn more!
- Take this brief quiz to find out if online learning is a good fit for you and your personal work and study habits.
- Do you have the right technology? Review the PNC Technology Requirements here (Adobe PDF).
- Check out the Course Schedule and the Office of Admissions to find online courses and get enrolled.
- Student Services offers a variety of support options for students – be sure to check them out!
Find all of your needed services, including BlackBoard and Banner, at the PNC Portal: http://my.pnc.edu
Need technology help?
- Visit http://www.pnc.edu/is/st_support_guides-htm/ to find out how to get your PNC email, change your password, access your shared drives, and much more.
- What to do when you can’t log in to BlackBoard or other services: http://www.pnc.edu/is/change_viaweb_password
- Need to contact the Helpdesk? Send in a ticket at https://services.pnc.edu or call 219-785-5511.
Using BlackBoard in your classes? Review these tutorials for assistance.
- How to Access Blackboard Learn
- Checking your grades
- Reviewing an Assignment Submission
- Reviewing a Test/Exam Submission
- Using the Email tool (Video)
- Posting a discussion thread in a course discussion (Video)
- Posting a discussion thread in a group discussion
- Replying to a discussion thread in a course discussion (Video)
- Replying to a discussion thread in a group discussion
- Submitting an assignment (Video)
- Submitting a SafeAssign Assignment (Video)
- Reviewing a SafeAssign Report (Video)
- Working in groups (Video)
- Taking a test/exam (Video)
- Installing Lockdown Browser for exams (Video)
- Adding a Mashup in the text editor
- Adding a Video in the text editor
- Hiding Courses in your MyCourses Course List
Check the BlackBoard OnDemand Student Help Center anytime for even more video and PDF tutorials to meet your needs.
Your instructors may ask you to use other software from time to time, such as Adobe Connect, LockDown Browser, Google Hangouts, and more. Use the links below for help when you need it:
- LockDown Browser help for students
- Adobe Connect - how to set up your audio
- Other help for Adobe Connect
- Google Hangouts Tutorial
- Purchasing software for your classes through Purdue (at discounted prices!)
Being successful online means managing your time well, studying on a consistent schedule that works well for you, and being willing to seek out help when you need it. Online learners must be self-directed and self-motivated in order to stay ahead of the game and on top of assignments and exams.
- Learn about the expectations for behavior in online classes with this Student Netiquette Guide (PDF)
- Learn more about writing and citing research that you do at the Purdue Online Writing Lab
- Visit the Student Success Center in LSF 202 for tutoring, advising, and a host of other wonderful services
- Find out about open computer space on campus and what’s available at Information Services