In order to help alleviate cheating and plagiarism concerns in the online environment, an instructor can use a variety of techniques as well as incorporate technological solutions that may also help.
The workshop slides below provide more detail and information about cheating and plagiarism mediation strategies, as well as tools you can use to prevent problems in the first place.
The following list contains links to articles and tutorials that can help you learn more about cheating and plagiarism online, and how you can limit it or avoid it entirely through pedagogical practices and technological support.
- Developing plagiarism-resistant assignments
- 5 Ways to prevent cheating in online courses
- Cheating in the online environment
- How others try to eliminate cheating in the online environment
- How could Respondus LockDownBrowser help you?
- Use SafeAssign to check for plagiarism
- Best Practices to prevent cheating on online assessments
- Quick passage check for plagiarism – Grammarly
- More strategies to minimize cheating
- Reducing the impact of cheating in online assessment