The Career Center assists students of Purdue University, regardless of their campus affiliation. We are here to support you in your professional endeavors. Below is a list of some of the services offered by The Career Center:
- Career Planning
- Drop-In Career Advising
- Informational Interviews
- Job Shadowing
- Resume / Cover Letter Reviews
- Internship Search Strategies
- Job Search Strategies
- Federal Job Search Preparation
- Interview Preparation / Mock Interviews
- Linkedin.com Profile Building
- Graduate School Preparation/Information
- Career Assessments
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, please contact The Career Center at 219-785-5451 to speak with a Career Consultant.
Resources for Students
CareerTrax: Online job board with local opportunities, from full-time, part-time, and internships.
How to Access CareerTrax
Note: If you have never logged onto CareerTrax you must treat yourself as a new student user.
- Student Users: Enter your PUID as your user name, and enter your password. If you forgotten your password, please click, FORGOT PASSWORD.
- New Student Users: Click RETRIEVE MY PASSWORD on the login screen and enter your 9-digit PUID to get a unique password emailed to you (eliminate the first ‘0’ from your PUID). You will need to change your password once you have successfully logged in the MY PROFILE section.
- Registered Alumni Users: Effective August 1, 2014, if you have not accessed your account before January 1,2013, your account may be in “inactive status.” Please complete this brief form so we may re-active your account. If you have graduated in December of 2014 or later, you will not need to fill this form out. Follow the new student users instructions instead.
Drop-In Career Advising: The Career Center offers drop-in advising time slots to assist you with a variety of services, such as document reviews, using CareerTrax and Online Career Services, Job / Internship Strategies, and Student Employment Information / Assistance.
Students are encouraged to use these hours for such services. Other services are scheduled by appointment.
||10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
|Wednesdays||12 p.m. to 1 p.m.|
|Thursdays|| 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
My Visa Jobs: Resource for international students seeking employment can check out myvisajobs.com.
Online Career Center: A place where students can create resumes, letters, conduct skills assessments, create portfolios, and put it all together on a secured, private, personalized website. Interview preparation is also available through this resource. Click the logo above to be redirected to the Online Career Center.
Click the image to go to MyCCO
Center for Career Opportunities: West Lafayette’s online job board. Purdue North Central & Calumet students have the luxury of having access to this system.
Wet Feet: An online system with articles, tips, and guides to help students prepare their resumes, for events such as career fairs, and business etiquette. Click the WetFeet logo above to go to the site and start exploring!
Career Road Map: Confused about what you want to do with your degree or future? Use this resource to guide you throughout the 4 steps (or journeys) of a career plan! You can get to the Career Road Map by clicking here.
We want to share your good news! If you have a success story you would like to share about a student or alumni’s experience we want to hear about it. Submit a success story!