Purdue University North Central is a campus of more than 6,000 students and is a part of the Purdue University system. Students may choose from a master’s degree program and a variety of bachelor’s degrees. It is located just south of the intersection of I-80 and US 421.
The mission of Purdue University North Central, a regional campus of Purdue University is based on the tradition of a land grant university (Learning, Discovery, and Engagement).
- Through Learning, the primary mission of this university, the campus offers all students educational programs and services that foster student success and goal attainment in a student-centered environment.
- Through Discovery, the campus encourages the creation of new knowledge, products, processes and applications through research and scholarship. The cooperative efforts of students, faculty and staff are essential for success.
- Through Engagement, the campus partners with and assists alumni, community members, businesses and organizations. These activities involve all members of the campus, including students, through transfer of knowledge, consulting, service learning, volunteerism, economic development and related activities.
Purdue University North Central gives continual and careful consideration to the unique characteristics and needs of our many constituencies, especially our students, in this region, the State of Indiana and beyond.
Purdue University North Central will become the regional center of excellence for education, information, economic development and culture.
The activities of Purdue University North Central are based on the following values to best serve its many constituencies through Learning, Discovery and Engagement. PNC values:
- People who choose to attend or be employed by this institution with all their differences and abilities.
- Professional, cultural and general education needs of this diverse industrial, technological and agricultural region.
- Education of high quality and integrity in an atmosphere that promotes lifelong learning through specific curricula that lead primarily to baccalaureate and master ‘ s degrees sought by our constituents.
- Timely assessment of all programs and activities using the results of those assessments to improve the programs and activities offered by this institution.
- Diversity that will provide a broad representation of experiences, perspectives, opinions and cultures. Inclusion is an essential source of vitality and strength for the effective pursuit of PNC’s mission.
- Research and inquiry in all aspects of the university life, by students, faculty, staff and partnerships with constituents.
- New knowledge, products, processes and applications gained through university inquiry.
- Clear and frequent communication of our activities, plans and visions for the future with all constituents, both internal and external.
- Growth and academic success opportunities for our constituents by establishing multiple partnerships that will utilize the abundant resources of our geographical area.
- International awareness as students and local citizens look to this campus for leadership and education in this area so vital to the future.
- Good stewardship of all campus resources entrusted to this institution, particularly our human resources, while being fully aware of the responsibilities we carry for the environment in which we live and the energy we require to fulfill our mission.