Purdue University North Central (PNC) Wellness Department offers a variety of programs and services to assist employees with better total wellness. PNC faculty and staff of all ages and abilities gain awareness, knowledge, skills, and motivation that promote a healthy lifestyle.
On this site you will find updated health news, past and present nutrition and fitness programs/classes, and information on area fitness parks/ trails.
Current & Upcoming Programs:
On Campus Massages
Every Second Thursday of the Month • LSF 75 (Aerobics room)
Spring Semester Dates: Feb 11, Mar. 10, Apr. 14, May 12
Book yourself a 15 minute massages on campus. Every second Thursday of the month a certified massage therapist comes to campus to offer their services. A 15 – 30 minute massage can rejuvenate tired stressed works, relieve muscle tension and help reduce the effects of repetitive motion on hands and upper extremities. Schedule a refreshing break today. Please schedule an appointment online or call (219) 785-5519.
- Morning Appointment Times: 8:15, 8:25, 8:55, 9:15, 9:35, 9:55, 10:15, 10:35, 10:55
- Cost: $15 (cash or check made payable to IU Health)
PNC Weight Watchers at Work 12-Week Series
Wednesdays • 11:15am • SWRZ 60
Change is in sight when you go beyond the scale. The NEW Weight Watchers® Beyond the Scale program delivers our most holistic and personalized approach ever – so you can eat healthier, move more AND lose weight!
- New SmartPoints™ plan makes healthy eating simple: The new system goes beyond counting calories and nudges members toward a pattern of healthy eating that includes more protein, less sugar and less saturated fat.
- New fitness approach that fits a busy life: You’ll earn FitPoints for the activity you do and get a personalized goal to reach for.
- Designed to help find and fuel inner strength: We’ll give you the support you need to start the motivation to stay inspired, and the confidence to keep going.
|Times:||Weigh ins: 11:00-11:15am & Meetings: 11:15am-11:45am|
|BONUS:||*Pay only HALF the cost if you are a benefit-eligible employee, retiree, or their spouse/ssdp and attend/weigh-in 10 times|
|Locations:||Individual may attend at PNC (SWRZ 60) or any other Weight Watcher’s locations|
|Contact:||Kendra Gardin at (219) 785-5515 or firstname.lastname@example.org|
Freedom From Smoking (PNC)
To help people along the journey to become a nonsmoker, the first three classes offer tips and techniques that prepare participants to quit smoking and the last three classes offer support. Sessions focus on thinking about quitting, relaxation, wanting to quit, quit day, winning strategies, the new you and saying quit. You must enroll in and complete this in-person program by attending at least 6 of the 8 classes in the program.
- Next series begins on Tuesday, March 22, 2016
- Two morning classes available:
- 5:30am – 7:00am
- 9:00am – 10:30am
- Register online.
- Future Series Start Dates:
- Tuesday, June 7, 2016
- Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Anthem – Purdue’s Medical Insurance Provider
Visit the anthem.com website. At this website you can:
- Save on health and wellness related products & services
- Check covered preventative and wellness services
- Watch current, trustworthy health videos and podcasts on a variety of topics
Got an idea or have a need?
For more information, or if you have questions, please contact:
Kendra Gardin, Employee Wellness Coordinator