Malware Removal Resources
A FEW NOTES
- These files are copied from a page on Comcast.net, which includes all the programs listed here, as well as several other programs to remove malicious programs from your computer.
- To display ReadMe.PDF and other PDF files, simply click on it.
- To download the programs, right-click on them, one-at-a-time, and save them to a folder on your computer.
- Then, after you have downloaded all the programs, run then, again one-at-a-time.
OVERVIEW & PROGRAM DESCRIPTIONS
Print it and read it before beginning.
COMCAST'S MALWARE REMOVAL PAGE
HERE ARE THE FILES - - ALL ARE FREE
- CCleaner, a general Windows clean-up program.
- Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware Program, one of the best free malware removal programs.
- Kaspersky's TDSSKILLER, an anti-rootkit program.
- Microsoft's Security Essentials, which will guard against future invations of malicious programs.
- A note about the fourth program (SmitFraudFix), which is not available anymore.
- Trend Micro's CWShredder, which removes programs that attack your web browser.
- Trend Micro's RootkitBuster, which removes rootkit programs from the MBR. (See Wikipedia if you don't know what a rootkit or MBR are!)
- Autorun removal program, which removes programs that invade your PC at start-up. (You will have to save and un-ZIP this program.) (NOTE: You probably do not need to use Autorun. If you followed Steps 1 - 4, you probably have removed all threats!)
- An explanation of autorun removal. (NOTE: Again, you probably do not have to use Autorun!)
That's all, folks . . .