Student Success Center (SSC)
The Student Success Center is here to help you achieve your academic goals and to learn skills that will help you succeed academically and professionally. The SSC’s services are available to all PNC students, including new freshmen, PNC Concurrent Enrollments, non-traditional students, graduating students and everything in-between. You do not have to be failing a course to use our services. We have something for everyone: tutoring, study skills, time management, study groups, placement tests and much more. Feel free to drop-in and see the array of services available free to you as a PNC student. Our professional and student staff is here to help you on the path to success.
The Purdue University North Central Student Success Center is a space for students from all academic and skill levels to access a variety of services to help them achieve academic and professional success. The SSC recognizes that student success is driven not just by student actions, but also by open lines of communication and understanding among students, faculty and staff. Our mission is to help students learn the academic, professional, and time-management skills necessary to help them succeed as university students and as graduated professionals.
- To create a constructive student-centered space for students to become active, independent and self-confident learners.
- To improve the academic performance of our students.
- To help students hone their study skills
- To target potential warning signs of academic failure and to initiate quick responses designed to increase student’s success in each course and in reaching graduation.
- To encourage and create opportunities for individual students and for student groups to seek assistance with their academic needs.
- To foster an open and responsive environment that encourages faculty and students to take an active interest and role in student success.
- To create opportunities for faculty and staff to better serve students by offering a place to refer students based on a variety of need levels.
- To work collaboratively with the campus community in creating successful students and promoting student retention.
Specific and current service offerings are available via the right-hand menu. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment with one of our Student Success Center staff members, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or one of the addresses listed below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Jane Brooks, Ph.D.
Coordinator of Student Success Center
LSF Building, Room 231
Student Success Center Secretary
LSF Room 202
Tuesday, Thursday: 8-6
Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 8-4:30
(Christmas Break, Spring Break, Summer Semesters Monday – Friday 8-4:30)