Barbara Bell Blake Nursing Scholarship
This fund was established in June 2003 with a gift from Barbara Bell Blake. Specific Endowment Agreement Criteria includes:
- This scholarship is restricted to U.S. citizen, residents of La Porte County, Indiana.
- Student must have at least a 3.5 grade point average.
- Student must be a sophomore in the year for which the scholarship is to be awarded.
Preference will be give to students who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Previous work experience at a hospital or nursing home
- Involvement, in a leadership capacity, in community and/or University organizations
The Judith L. Mervine Nursing Education Endowed Scholarship
This fund was established in December 2006 with a gift from Judith L. Mervine. A recipient must be a sophomore, junior, or senior in which the scholarship is awarded. A Judith L. Mervine Nursing Education Endowed Scholarship is renewable provided the recipient continues to meet the eligibility criteria.
Robert L. Carr, Jr. Memorial Scholarship
This endowment was established in March 1989 with a gift by Robert and Shirley Carr in memory of their son. Income is to support undergraduate scholarships for students in nursing at Purdue North Central, and child development and family studies at West Lafayette.
A.J. Del Vecchio Endowment Fund
This fund was established in August 1996 with a gift from Angela Del Vecchio. Specific Endowment Agreement Criteria includes:
- Complete the requirements for the Purdue University North Central A.S. degree in nursing during the current academic year.
- Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5.
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence in nursing.
The Dorothy Verdos Nursing Scholarship
The Dorothy Verdos Nursing Scholarship fund benefits students enrolled in the nursing program.
The Duneland Health Council Scholarship
Scholarship criteria is as follows:
Associate of Science in Nursing:
- Resident of Michigan City or LaPorte (Northern LaPorte County)
- Enrollment: 11 credit hour minimum
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
Bachelor of Science Nursing:
- Resident of Michigan City or LaPorte (Northern LaPorte County)\
- Enrollment: 6 credit hour minimum
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
Recipients should demonstrate financial need.
Lucille I. Bluhm and Gayle T. Bluhm Scholarship
The Lucille I. Bluhm and Gayle T. Bluhm Scholarship Fund was established by a bequest to PNC in 2000.
Patricia M. Daly Scholarship
This fund was established in June 1988 with gifts in honor of Patricia M. Daly, an assistant professor of nursing at Purdue North Central. Specific Endowment Agreement Criteria includes:
- Nursing major and a student at the North Central campus.
- Student must be sophomore standing or above.
- Student must express intent to receive an associate or bachelor degree in Nursing.
- Student must be in good academic standing.
Patrick J. and Jacqueline E. Mulchay Scholarship
This fund was established in December 2004 with a gift by Patrick and Jacqueline Mulchay. Specific Endowment Agreement Criteria includes:
- Student must be pursuing an undergraduate degree, either associate or bachelor, in nursing or other healthcare profession at Purdue North Central.
- The scholarship will be awarded based on academic merit, as defined by the Department of Nursing, and not financial need.
- A student may receive this scholarship for one year only.
- A committee of full-time faculty from the Nursing Department will select the recipients.
- The Chancellor of Purdue North Central will appoint the committee.
Sandra Calkins Kowalski Community Nursing Fund for Purdue University North Central
This fund was established in August 2003 with a gift from Stanley Kowalski. The primary purpose of the Fund shall be to provide support to Purdue University North Central, Westville, Indiana in the education of those pursuing an undergraduate nursing degree with emphasis on community nursing or public health.
William S. and Kathryn L. Shields Scholarship for the Education of Healthcare Professionals
This fund was established in September 2003 with a gift from William S. (HDR 1990) and Kathryn L. Shields. Students should be undergraduates who are U.S. citizens studying nursing or some other healthcare profession at Purdue University North Central. Criteria include financial need and at least a 2.5 grade point average.
Ruth Mitnick Memorial Scholarship
This fund was established in January 1973 with a gift from Milton Mitnick in memory of Ruth Mitnick. Specific Endowment Agreement Criteria includes:
- Recipient(s) will be graduates of a Michigan City high school or reside in the area served by the Michigan City area school corporation.
- Student(s) should demonstrate financial need.
- The student(s) should demonstrate scholarship ability sufficient to guarantee, insofar as possible, that (s)he will complete her/his Associate degree.