Scholarships at PNC
Scholarships at PNC
Barbara Bell Blake Nursing Scholarship
This fund was established in June 2003 with a gift from Barbara Bell Blake. Specific Endowment Agreement Criteria includes:
- This scholarship is restricted to U.S. citizen, residents of La Porte
- Student must have at least a 3.5 grade point average.
- Student must be a sophomore in the year for which the scholarship is to be awarded.
Preference will be give to students who meet one or more of the following
- Previous work experience at a hospital or nursing home
- Involvement, in a leadership capacity, in community and/or
The Judith L. Mervine Nursing Education Endowed Scholarship
This fund was established in December 2006 with a gift from Judith L. Mervine. A recipient must be a sophomore, junior, or senior in which the
scholarship is awarded. A Judith L. Mervine Nursing Education Endowed
Scholarship is renewable provided the recipient continues to meet the eligibility
Robert L. Carr, Jr. Memorial Scholarship
This endowment was established in March 1989 with a gift by Robert and
Shirley Carr in memory of their son. Income is to support undergraduate
scholarships for students in nursing at Purdue North Central, and child
development and family studies at West Lafayette.
A.J. Del Vecchio Endowment Fund
This fund was established in August 1996 with a gift from Angela Del
Vecchio. Specific Endowment Agreement Criteria includes:
- Complete the requirements for the Purdue University North Central A.S. degree in nursing during the current academic year.
- Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5.
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence in nursing.
The Dorothy Verdos Nursing Scholarship
The Dorothy Verdos Nursing Scholarship fund benefits students enrolled in the nursing program.
The Duneland Health Council Scholarship
Scholarship criteria is as follows:
Associate of Science in Nursing:
- Resident of Michigan City or LaPorte (Northern LaPorte County)
- Enrollment: 11 credit hour minimum
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
Bachelor of Science Nursing:
- Resident of Michigan City or LaPorte (Northern LaPorte County)\
- Enrollment: 6 credit hour minimum
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
Recipients should demonstrate financial need.
Lucille I. Bluhm and Gayle T. Bluhm Scholarship
The Lucille I. Bluhm and Gayle T. Bluhm Scholarship Fund was established
by a bequest to PNC in 2000.
Patricia M. Daly Scholarship
This fund was established in June 1988 with gifts in honor of Patricia M.
Daly, an assistant professor of nursing at Purdue North Central. Specific Endowment Agreement Criteria includes:
- Nursing major and a student at the North Central campus.
- Student must be sophomore standing or above.
- Student must express intent to receive an associate or bachelor degree
- Student must be in good academic standing.
Patrick J. and Jacqueline E. Mulchay Scholarship
This fund was established in December 2004 with a gift by Patrick and
Jacqueline Mulchay. Specific Endowment Agreement Criteria includes:
- Student must be pursuing an undergraduate degree, either associate or
bachelor, in nursing or other healthcare profession at Purdue North
- The scholarship will be awarded based on academic merit, as defined
by the Department of Nursing, and not financial need.
- A student may receive this scholarship for one year only.
- A committee of full-time faculty from the Nursing Department will
select the recipients.
- The Chancellor of Purdue North Central will appoint the committee.
Sandra Calkins Kowalski Community Nursing Fund for Purdue University North Central
This fund was established in August 2003 with a gift from Stanley
Kowalski. The primary purpose of the Fund shall be to provide support to
Purdue University North Central, Westville, Indiana in the education of
those pursuing an undergraduate nursing degree with emphasis on
community nursing or public health.
William S. and Kathryn L. Shields Scholarship for the Education of Healthcare Professionals
This fund was established in September 2003 with a gift from William S.
(HDR 1990) and Kathryn L. Shields. Students should be undergraduates
who are U.S. citizens studying nursing or some other healthcare
profession at Purdue University North Central. Criteria include financial need and at least a 2.5 grade point
Ruth Mitnick Memorial Scholarship
This fund was established in January 1973 with a gift from Milton Mitnick
in memory of Ruth Mitnick. Specific Endowment Agreement Criteria includes:
- Recipient(s) will be graduates of a Michigan City high school or
reside in the area served by the Michigan City area school
- Student(s) should demonstrate financial need.
- The student(s) should demonstrate scholarship ability sufficient to
guarantee, insofar as possible, that (s)he will complete her/his