James Wellnitz Memorial Scholarship
The intent of the donors of this scholarship, the Center Township Fire Department membership (January 2006 through June 2007) located in LaPorte County Indiana, is to honor recently retired Center Township Fire Department Chief James A. Wellnitz and provide a scholarship in support of an undergraduate pursuing a Major in Organizational Leadership and Supervision at Purdue University North Central.
Criteria for Award: Students applying for the James A. Wellnitz Scholarship shall be:
- Adult students currently enrolled in PNC with a Major in Organizational Leadership and Supervision
- Document leadership; and community or volunteer service
- Have a 3.5 or better Cumulative GPA for eligibility
- Enrolled full-time (minimum 12 credit hours)
- Have completed at least 24 credit hours
- Be a graduate of a United States high school
- Be in good academic standing at PNC
- Demonstrate financial need
Note: Scholarship may be for tuition, fees and/or books.
- Students applying for the James A. Wellnitz Scholarship must have applied for admission to Purdue North Central, be accepted and complete an application for financial aid (FAFSA).
Russell R. McWhorter Scholarship
This fund was established in October 1997 with a gift from Betty McWhorter in memory of Russell R. McWhorter. Income is to be used to support scholarships for Purdue North Central business students who are residents of La Porte County, Indiana.
Michael J. Harrigan Memorial Scholarship
This fund was established in February 2004 with a gift from Beverly J. Harrigan in memory of her husband, Michael J. Harrigan. Recipients must have at least a 3.5 cumulative grade point average, be a freshman with 12 credit hours completed or a sophomore, and be a resident of Indiana. First preference will go to residents of La Porte or Porter County, Indiana. A second preference is for those who meet one or more of the following: business major, non-traditional student, and/or part-time student working at least 35 hours per week.