Scholarships at PNC
Scholarships at PNC
James Wellnitz Memorial Scholarship
The intent of the donors of this scholarship, the Center
Township Fire Department membership (January 2006 through June
2007) located in LaPorte County Indiana, is to honor recently retired
Center Township Fire Department Chief James A. Wellnitz and provide a
scholarship in support of an undergraduate pursuing a Major in
Organizational Leadership and Supervision at Purdue University North
Criteria for Award: Students applying for the James A. Wellnitz Scholarship shall be:
- Adult students currently enrolled in PNC with a Major in
Organizational Leadership and Supervision
- Document leadership; and community or volunteer service
- Have a 3.5 or better Cumulative GPA for eligibility
- Enrolled full-time (minimum 12 credit hours)
- Have completed at least 24 credit hours
- Be a graduate of a United States high school
- Be in good academic standing at PNC
- Demonstrate financial need
Note: Scholarship may be for tuition, fees and/or books.
- Students applying for the James A. Wellnitz Scholarship must have
applied for admission to Purdue North Central, be accepted and
complete an application for financial aid (FAFSA).
Russell R. McWhorter Scholarship
This fund was established in October 1997 with a gift from Betty
McWhorter in memory of Russell R. McWhorter. Income is to be used to
support scholarships for Purdue North Central business students who are
residents of La Porte County, Indiana.
Michael J. Harrigan Memorial Scholarship
This fund was established in February 2004 with a gift from Beverly J.
Harrigan in memory of her husband, Michael J. Harrigan. Recipients must have at least a 3.5 cumulative grade point average, be a
freshman with 12 credit hours completed or a sophomore, and be a resident
of Indiana. First preference will go to residents of La Porte or Porter
County, Indiana. A second preference is for those who meet one or more of
the following: business major, non-traditional student, and/or part-time
student working at least 35 hours per week.