The Panther Cubs Child Care
The Panther Cubs Child Care provides care for children of Purdue University North Central students, staff and faculty and is available during the Fall and Spring semesters. A professional director and staff provide a program combining planned activities and supervised play.
“Children have FUN while LEARNING important concepts such as SHARING, PATIENCE and TAKING TURNS. ” – Marcia Shurr, director.
Children ages 2 through 7 (up until 8th birthday) are accepted, provided they are toilet-trained. Prior to using this service, a parent must complete all enrollment forms and purchase a Child Care fee sheet.
- Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Open during Finals Week
- Closed on weekends. Closed during the summer and when classes are not in session.
In addition to paying the Purdue University Student Service Fee or the child care center Enrollment Fee, the center charges an hourly fee for child care, payable in advance:
- $2.25/hour for the first child in a family
- $1.50/hour for each additional child in a family
After the hour you will be charged according to the following schedule:
- 1-7 min.= $ .25
- 8-14 min.= $ .50
- 15-21 min.= $ .75
- 22-28 min.= $1.00
- 29-35 min.= $1.25
- 36-42 min.= $1.50
- 43-48 min.= $1.75
- 49-54 min.= $2.00
- 55-60 min.= $2.25
- Show and Tell
- Art Projects
- Spanish Class
- Alphabet Worksheets
- September Carnival
- Campus Trick or Treat
- Thanksgiving Feast
- Lunch with Santa
- Valentines Party
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Fiesta celebrating Spanish words learned
135 LSF Building
- Toll-Free in Indiana: (800) 872-1231 ext. 5242
- LaPorte/Westville: 785-5242
- Valpo/Portage: 462-4197, ext. 5242