Can I be accepted at Purdue University North Central if I have a GED?

Yes. The PNC Admissions Office requires an official copy of your high school transcript, a copy of your GED scores, and a completed PNC Undergraduate Application for Admission.

If I have not taken the SAT or ACT can I still be accepted?

Yes. If you have been out of high school for 3 years or more, you are not required to take the SAT or ACT for admission to PNC. Current high school students are encouraged to take one of these aptitude tests, since this can make a difference between being directly admitted to a degree program as opposed to being admitted to a pre-program.

Does it cost anything to have my previous college transcript evaluated to see which classes will transfer in and which will not?

The cost of a transcript evaluation from a previous college is $30. Should you have transcripts from more than one college/university, the fee remains $30. Cynthia Graham (ext. 5262, cgraham@pnc.edu) in the Admissions Office handles this evaluation process.

Can current high school students take courses at Purdue North Central, and how do they apply?

Yes. You may request a Non-Degree High School Application. You and your high school guidance counselor must complete this application. If the high school counselor approves, the counselor completes the application and sends it directly to Admissions with a copy of your official transcript for processing.

How important is it for me to take Core 40 classes while in high school?

In support of the state’s efforts to strengthen Indiana’s high school students’ academic preparation, Purdue University North Central encourages all students to complete the Core 40 requirements and to consider earning the Academic Honors Diploma.

How and when will I be assigned an advisor/counselor?

All students are sent a letter informing them of their acceptance into the University, which indicates the assigned academic advisor.

How can I get help writing a résumé?

Actively registered students or alumni of Purdue University may get one on one assistance developing a resume by contacting the Office of Career Development to request an appointment. Students and alumni may also access a self directed suite of career tools, including a resume builder. Students must use their PUID to access the program, alumni must contact the Office of Career Development for pass code information.

I graduated from another Purdue campus; can you still help me?

Yes. Services provided by the Purdue North Central Career Development Office are available to any current student, former student, or graduate from any Purdue University campus regardless of their campus affiliation.

I am a student looking for a job, how do I go about doing this?

The Office of Career Development posts on and off campus employment opportunities, including internships  on its on-line job listing and résumé referral system. Students and alumni can register to view job postings and upload their résumé to the system to respond via e-mail to employers. Go to OptimalResume.com to get started. PNC students may login in using their MyPNC portal user ID and password, while alumni may create an affiliate account by following the “alumni” prompts on the login page. Need additional assistance?Contact the Office of Career Development at 800-872-1231, ext. 5451, or careers@pnc.edu.

Can I work as an intern for academic credit?

Yes. To be eligible you must meet these requirements:

  1. Be in good academic standing, having a 2.7 GPA or better,
  2. Have completed at least half of the classes required for your major,
  3. Receive a recommendation from a full time faculty member in your academic section.

Once eligibility is established, you must make an appointment to see the assistant director of career services. Remember: applying to the Internship Program does not guarantee your participation.

I am an employer needing to hire some employees. How do I post a job and obtain résumés?

Employers can register their organization, post jobs, and obtain résumés of qualified job seekers utilizing our on-line job listing and résumé referral system. Go to Corporate Connect to get started, or contact us at 800-872-1231, ext. 5451, or via e-mail at careers@pnc.edu to inquire.

How do I obtain an official or unofficial copy of my transcript?

For an official copy of the transcript, you must write or fax your request to Office of the Registrar, 1095 Hovde Hall, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47906-1095, or fax the request to 765-494-0570. You must indicate your name, previous name (if applicable) and provide a complete address to where transcript is to be sent. Providing your social security number is also helpful so that your record can be identified easily. You must sign the request. Turnaround time is approximately two working days. Both official and unofficial copies of your transcript can be obtained from the Registration Office in Room 40, Schwarz Hall. Usually copies of transcripts cannot be printed after 4:30 p.m. because of the time difference with W. Lafayette (transcripts are printed out of the W. Lafayette system and that system is not available after 5:30 p.m. EDT).

When does a student need the advisor and instructor’s signature when dropping a course?

After the first week of classes, you should always get your advisor’s signature. After the fourth week of the semester, if you are above a freshman status (having completed 30 credit hours or more), you should get in addition to your advisor’s signature, your instructor’s signature and the instructor’s indication of a “W” or “WF” grade.

How do I transfer to another Purdue campus?

Check with your advisor to see if you are in the correct program for transferring. If not, you must complete a Change of Degree Objective (CODO) form and submit it to the Registrar’s Office. You must then complete a Regional Campus Transfer form, have your advisor sign it, and return the signed form to the Registrar’s Office for processing.

When will schedules be available for next semester?

Schedules are usually available just prior to the beginning of advanced registration, but the schedule is available on the PNC website about two weeks earlier.

Where do I get loan deferments filled out?

Personnel in the Registrar’s Office can fill out the form and mail it back to the lender servicer.

How do I know if everything is in order for graduation this semester?

If you have declared yourself to be a degree candidate and it is determined that you have not met all of your requirements, you will receive a letter from the Registrar notifying you that you are not eligible to graduate. You will only be notified if you lack requirements for graduation.

How do I register for classes?

Make an appointment with your academic advisor during the registration period.

What is the deadline for filing the FAFSA? (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)

The deadline for filing the FAFSA is March 1 for the upcoming academic year. The March 1 deadline affects whether the student can receive State Grants. Filing after the deadline doesn’t affect the student’s Federal Pell Grant Eligibility or Guaranteed Student Loan eligibility.

What is your title IV school code?

The title IV school code is 001826.

Where do I call to request a duplicate copy of my Student Aid Report?

Students may call 1-319-337-5665 to request a duplicate SAR (Student Aid Report).

How many credit hours must I have in order to apply for a student loan?

The student must be in attendance at least halftime (6 credit hours) in order to qualify for a loan. Be careful because half time in the summer may consist of less credit hours than in the fall or spring semester (usually 3 credit hours).

Can I receive financial aid if I am in a non-degree program?

No. Student must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program to receive financial aid.

How do I apply for scholarships?

Scholarships are available online and are posted on the board outside of Room 40, Schwarz Hall, in January and the students must then go out and pick and choose which scholarships they wish to apply for. The student may also pick up a FASTWEB form from Financial Aid that shows them how to perform their own scholarship search on the WEB.