Purdue University North Central has been named to the 2014 Military Friendly Schools® list as compiled by Victory Media Inc. The 2014 Military Friendly Schools® list honors the top 20 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools in the country that welcome America’s military service members, veterans, and spouses as students and ensure their success on campus.
“Inclusion on the list shows a commitment to providing a supportive environment for military students,” said Sean Collins, vice president at Victory Media and a Navy veteran. The 2014 list includes 1,868 colleges, universities and trade schools.
“Purdue North Central welcomes all active military members, veterans, their spouses and families,” said PNC Chancellor Dr. James B. Dworkin. “Purdue North Central was created in the days following World War II to serve the educational needs of the returning soldiers. We continue to work hard to maintain that commitment. We pride ourselves as being a veteran-friendly campus.”
PNC has implemented a number of initiatives to help aid military members and veterans to become successful PNC students.
- Priority Registration
- Fee Deferment for registered students certified as eligible for GI Bill educational benefits.
- Campus activities include an annual Veterans Day ceremony and Veterans Awareness Month activities in April. This year’s Veterans Day event will be Nov. 11 in the Library-Student-Faculty Building Assembly Hall, Room 02.
- The PNC Veterans organization, open to all students who are veterans or active military members. The group provides veteran-to-veteran support during the transition from military life to university life.
- PNC accepts CLEP credit and provides eight hours of military credit that can be applied toward a degree. Additionally, veterans have the opportunity to apply for department credit based upon their individual transcript.
- PNC offers trained support staff to assist veterans and military members through the registration process.
Information about all services available to service members, veterans and their families can be found at http://www.pnc.edu/veterans/
The Military Friendly Schools® media and website can be accessed at www.militaryfriendlyschools.com. It features the complete Military Friendly Schools® list and other interactive tools.
Further information about the educational opportunities at Purdue North Central is available at www.pnc.edu or by calling 219-785-5505.