- This service is only available to students at this time.
- You must be logged into your computer as a user that can install programs (i.e. run as administrator *), generally not until you reach Step 3. Also, you need to be on campus and connected to the PNC network to follow this set up process. * Quick tip – to easily find “Run as Administrator”; particularly when using Windows 8: 1. Right click on the Internet Explorer (IE) icon 2. When you find IE, right click again and Run as Administrator will be an option to select.
- Do not use Google Chrome for this installation process as it is unsupported at this time. Please choose Internet Explorer or Firefox.
- Windows 8.1 is not supported at this time
- Follow step by step installation instructions for Windows 8 users.
- Follow step by step installation instructions for Windows 7 users.
- Follow step by step installation instructions for PC Windows XP / Vista users.
NOTE: Windows Vista users, the installation steps may be slightly different than the instructions provided.
- Follow step by step installation instructions for MAC users.
NOTE: Color printing (“Tech265Color” printer) in T265 is unavailable for MAC users.
STEP 1 – Install iPrint Client:
- Download the iPrint client installer for Windows 8, 7, XP and Vista users.
- Download the iPrint client installer for Mac OS 10.7 and 10.8 users.
- Download the iPrint client installer for Mac OS 10.6 and lower.
STEP 2 – Install PaperCut Software:
STEP 3 – Install Printer(s):
After installing the iPrint client and PaperCut software, you should be able to install supported campus printers. Once installed, you will be able to use the printer to print documents from your own laptop.
You will need your username and password to set up the printer(s) on your laptop. If you have forgotten your password and have set up your security questions, you will need to reset it before proceeding. Go to the Purdue North Central home page at: www-stage.pnc.edu , Click on and under PNC Password Management, select .
- MAC users: Access this listing of printers to install. IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not follow the PC Window users “Install Printer” instructions below as the printers will not load. Also, Color printing (“TECH 265Color” printer) in T265 is unavailable for MAC users.
- PC Windows users: Note: When using Internet Explorer, to easily find “Run as Administrator”: 1. Right click on the Internet Explorer (IE) icon 2. When you find IE, right click again and Run as Administrator will be an option to select. To install a printer, first select the building where the printer is located. Available printers will change depending on which building is selected. Once you have chosen a building, select the desired printer, and then select the “Install Printer” button to begin the installation.
Wireless printing will still use your allotted units for printing and will function in the same manner as the computers in the labs.
The installed printer will be defaulted to single-sided printing. If you are interested in setting up duplex printing for the installed printer, select the devices and printers option in your Start menu and under “printing preferences” under finishing, choose 2-sided printing. Each computer will have different setting options so check your computer’s printing preferences for the duplex option.
You will need to select a printer that you will be in closest proximity. If you have selected a printer in error and proceed to request reimbursement of print units, this will be handled on a case by case basis. Units will not be refunded due to user error. Units will only be refunded if a printer has malfunctioned or due to printer downtime.
STEP 4: Installation Complete
Once the download process is complete, you will be able to print wirelessly at the PNC Westville campus and Porter County (PPC) campus. You will only need to perform this download process once. Printing wirelessly from your laptop will have the same look and feel as if you are printing directly from a lab computer.