Follow the steps below to setup Outlook Email synchronization on your supported mobile device.
1. Access the SETTINGS on your mobile device and enter the information below to begin the configuration process :
- For certain Mobile devices, the option may be to go to “Mail, Contacts, Calendar” or “Accounts and sync“.
- Select Add Account
- Click on Microsoft Exchange
- Enter your Outlook Username@pnc.edu and Password
- If needed enter mail.pnc.edu for the Server
- If needed enter your Outlook Username@pnc.edu for the Domain
On your mobile device, go to your default Mail program, and navigate to your new account. The downloading process should begin and may take a couple of minutes to complete.
2. If you need further assistance, please contact the Help Desk.
Important Notes on Mobile Device Passwords: To check your email, your mobile device must know your Outlook password (i.e. your career account password). If your Outlook password and the password on your phone do not match, then your account can become temporarily locked preventing all access to your campus accounts. To prevent this:
- For all other mobile devices, you must be sure that when you change your Outlook password, you immediately change the password on your mobile device to match your Outlook password. Please be sure you know how to change the password on your mobile device before you change your Outlook password. If your mobile device tries to connect to your Outlook email with an unmatched password, your account will lock for 30 minutes.