Follow the steps below to setup GroupWise Email synchronization on your supported mobile device. View a list of supported devices.
1. Login to your PNC GroupWise account on campus or through the MyPNC portal to create a new GroupWise Address Book and name it PNCmobile.
To do this in Groupwise on campus, click on the Address Book tab, and select File, New Book and then name it PNCmobile. Click OK. In the myPNC portal, click on the Address Book tab, and select Address Book Options, Create, and then name it PNCmobile. Click OK.
When creating a ticket, for Category, select “Mobile Device/Smart Phone” and for Category Option, select “PNCmobile Account Setup”.
3. Once you are notified that your account is set up, access the SETTINGS on your mobile device and enter the information below to begin the configuration process **:
- For certain Mobile devices, the option may be to go to “Mail, Contacts, Calendar” or “Accounts and sync“.
- Select Add Account
- Click on Microsoft Exchange
- Enter your Groupwise Username and Password
- If a Domain is required, enter pnc.eduusername where username is your GroupWise Username
- Enter mailsync.pnc.edu for server address
** NOTE: Settings will vary with each device. The information above will configure most devices; however, please refer to the supported devices webpage and click on your device model for further set up instructions.
On your mobile device, go to your default Mail program, and navigate to your new account. The downloading process should begin and may take a couple of minutes to complete.
4. If you need further assistance, please contact the Help Desk.
Important Notes on Mobile Device Passwords: To check your email, your mobile device must know your GroupWise password (i.e. your career account password). If your GroupWise password and the password on your phone do not match, then your account can become temporarily locked preventing all access to your campus accounts. To prevent this:
- If you have one of our Blackberry accounts, this is not an issue. Your GroupWise and mobile device passwords synchronize automatically in the background.
- For all other mobile devices, you must be sure that when you change your GroupWise password, you immediately change the password on your mobile device to match your GroupWise password. Please be sure you know how to change the password on your mobile device before you change your GroupWise password. If your mobile device tries to connect to your GroupWise email with an unmatched password, your account will lock for 30 minutes.