Who is eligible to apply?
We invite applications from:
- prospective freshmen with a cumulative high school 5-subject GPA of at least 3.0;
- transfer students who have at least 60 credit hours left to complete at PNC and whose GPA from prior college work is at least 3.0;
- current PNC students who have at least 60 credit hours left to complete and who have maintained at least a 3.0 GPA.
Is the Honors Program for me?
If you thrive on intellectual challenges, love learning, and want to get involved at PNC, the Honors Program might be for you. For new PNC students, joining the Honors Program is a great way to meet other students and faculty and get connected to the campus.
As a new Honors Program member, you’ll be matched with a peer mentor, another honors student who is dedicated to helping you thrive in the Honors Program and at PNC. You’ll also be assigned an honors faculty advisor, a PNC professor who will help you plan your honors coursework and will be a resource for you throughout your time in college.
All students in the program take honors courses, where they work one-on-one with a professor on a special enrichment project tailored to their interests. If you join the Honors Program before your freshman year, you’ll also have the opportunity to take a special, honors-only section of GS 19100: First-Year Experience, an interdisciplinary freshman seminar that fulfills general education credit in many PNC majors.
As a member of the Honors Program, you’ll also participate in intellectual and artistic events in the community and join a community of high achieving students. You’ll have the opportunity to pursue research with a faculty member, to attend undergraduate research conferences, to receive extra mentoring on postgraduate fellowship opportunities, and to become a leader shaping the future of the program.
Please submit your application to Qualtrics application
Please submit applications by email to email@example.com.
Applications must include the following:
- Basic information: your name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address; your PNC major and the name of your academic advisor
- For current PNC students, please also list your PNC GPA.
- For incoming PNC freshmen, please list the high school you attended, the year you graduated, and your cumulative high school GPA.
- Two essays:
- A. In 300 words, explain why you’d like to be a part of Honors at PNC.
- B. In 500 words, answer one of the following questions:
- Option 1: What work of art (novel, poem, play, painting, sculpture, dance, film, etc.) has been the most significant in your life and why?
- Option 2: What’s the most valuable thing you’ve created?
- Recommendation letter: If your high school GPA is between 3.0 and 3.5, you must also submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher who can speak to your intellectual curiosity and academic abilities. Please ask your teacher to submit the recommendation directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recommend applying as soon as possible to have the best chance at a spot in the program!