Non-Credit Program Refund Policy
Although we make every attempt not to cancel programs, Purdue University North Central reserves the right change any schedule or cancel any course that does not meet minimum enrollment requirements. Should PNC cancel a course or change a schedule, our staff will contact you via the telephone number or email address you provided at the time of registration. A full refund will be given for all courses cancelled by PNC.
Refunds may take up to 45 days for processing.
The Office of Graduate and Extended Learning is self-supporting, with income supplied from the course fees. Graduate and Extended Learning receives no Indiana general tax funds. Fees for non-credit programs, courses, conferences, workshops and seminars are the same for all participants, regardless of residence.
Paid registration or program fees are only refundable if the student cancels their enrollment before official payment deadline passes. After the official payment deadline has passed, a student cannot receive a refund of any monies paid. If the balance of all applicable fees to be collected by the Office of Graduate and Extended Learning is not paid in full by the established deadline, the student will not be allowed to participate in the program and will not be refunded any monies paid.
Travel Study Program Refund Policy
If a student wishes to cancel their enrollment in one of PNC’s Travel Study programs, the following applies, in accordance with our Travel Study Program Policy Statement:
All cancellations must be submitted in writing to the PNC Office of Graduate and Extended Learning (Email is acceptable). The student must also formally drop the course.
The initial program fee deposit is 100% non-refundable, except if the program is cancelled by PNC.
- If initial program fee deposit is not paid in full by the deadline established by GEL staff, the student will not be allowed to participate in the program and will not be refunded monies paid.
- If the balance of all applicable fees to be collected by the Office of Graduate and Extended Learning is not paid in full by the established deadline, the student will not be allowed to participate in the program and will not be refunded any monies paid.
- If a student’s balance due to the Bursar’s Office for a travel study program’s tuition and related fees is not paid in full by the deadline established by the Bursar’s Office, the student will not be permitted to participate in the program.
- Paid program fees (not including the initial deposit) are only refundable if the student cancels their enrollment on or before the date of the official payment deadline. After the official payment deadline has passed, a student cannot receive a refund of any monies paid towards their program fee, as deposits, confirmations, and other payments/guarantees to program vendors have been made. All tuition refunds follow the Bursar’s refund schedule for the applicable semester.
- In the rare event that a student has been granted special arrangements allowing them to pay a portion or all of their program fee after the official payment deadline, they are still liable for payment of the entire program fee to the Office of Graduate and Extended Learning if they cancel their enrollment.
Cancellation of a Program by PNC: In the event that PNC needs to cancel a program, GEL staff will contact all registered students immediately and full refunds will be issued (including deposits). PNC will not be held liable for any costs incurred by the student regarding travel, hotel, personal or other expenses in the event of a program cancellation. PNC highly recommends that all students purchase trip cancellation insurance, even after the program has reached its minimum enrollment. Students who purchase trip cancellation insurance can book their flight as soon as possible after enrolling. Students who choose to wait for minimum enrollment prior to booking their flight are still urged to purchase trip cancellation insurance.