Indiana Core Academic Skills Assessment (CASA) Testing
In order for a student to apply for entry into any of PNC’s Education Progams, he or she must successfully complete the Indiana CORE Academic Skills Assessment (CASA) examination and complete application requirements (as stated on the Education Department’s Program Admission Applications webpage).
Spring 2014 Exam Dates:
The CASA examination, which is proctored by the Office of Graduate and Extended Learning will be offered at Purdue University North Central on:
- January 17, 2014
- February 21, 2014
- March 28, 2014
- April 11, 2014
About the Exam:
The examination consists of three total subtests (Math, Reading, Writing), all of which must be successfully completed in order for a person to be considered for entry into PNC’s Education Programs. A person may take one subset on a given testing date or all three, however it is not permitted for a person to only take two subsets on a given testing date.
A person does not have to be a PNC student in order to take the CASA exam at Purdue University North Central’s testing center.
For More Information On The CASA Exam: http://www.in.nesinc.com/TestView.aspx?f=HTML_FRAG/IN001_TestPage.html
Registration Deadline and Fee Information:
- For the January 17, 2014 exam date, registration, payment in full and scheduling must be complete by Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 11:59 p.m.
- For the February 21, 2014 exam date, registration payment in full and scheduling must be complete by Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 11:59 p.m.
- For the March 28, 2014 exam date, registration payment in full and scheduling must be complete by Wednesday, March 26, 2014 at 11:59 p.m.
- For the April 11, 2014 exam date, registration payment in full and scheduling must be complete by Wednesday, April 9, 2014 at 11:59 p.m.
Registration Fee Information: $38.00 per subtest plus applicable PNC sitting fees
Applicable PNC Sitting Fees:
- For Those Registered To Take All Three Subtests On A Single Testing Date: $45.00
- For Those Registered To Take One Subtest On A Single Testing Date: $25.00
PLEASE NOTE: If a person chooses to schedule two single subtests on a given date, he or she must pay the $25.00 single subtest Sitting Fee for each subtest being taken on that date. He or she will not be permitted to pay the $45.00 Sitting Fee that is charged to examinees taking all three subtests on a single testing date instead.
Payments will not be accepted on the date of testing and that registrations are not complete until all applicable fees are paid in full to Evaluation Systems and Purdue University North Central. If a person’s registration and payments are not complete and paid in full, he or she will not be permitted to take the exam on the scheduled testing date and will not be eligible for a refund for any monies paid.
If students need accommodations, they must register for and purchase the exam, as well as notify Cassandra Boehlke in the Office of Graduate and Extended Learning, at least two weeks prior to the registration deadline. In addition, if students indicate that they do need accommodations during the registration process, they will not be able to schedule a test date at that time. Evaluation Systems will contact the student directly.
- The student fills out the “Alternative Testing Arrangements Request Form for CASA IBT” and fax or mail it according to the instructions on the form. Student must include supporting documentation that meets Evaluation Systems’ Documentation Currency Policy requirements
- The student can ask that Gail Barker, PNC’s Disability Services Coordinator, fill out and submit an Institutional Verification of Documentation on an official PNC letterhead according to the information found on the form. Gail can be reached at (219) 785-5374 or email@example.com.
- The student fills out the “Alternative Testing Arrangements Request Form for CASA IBT” and fax or mail it according to the instructions on the form. Student must include supporting documentation that meets Evaluation Systems’ Documentation Currency Policy requirements.
To Get Started: