Indiana Core Academic Skills Assessment (CASA) Testing
In order for a student to apply for entry into any of PNC’s Education Progams, he or she must successfully complete the Indiana CORE Academic Skills Assessment (CASA) examination and complete application requirements (as stated on the Education Department’s Program Admission Applications webpage).
Upcoming Exam Dates at PNC:
The CASA examination, which is proctored by the Office of Graduate and Extended Learning will be offered at Purdue University North Central on:
- September 25, 2015 from 2:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m.
- October 30, 2015 from 9:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.
- December 4, 2015 from 2:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m.
About the Exam:
The examination consists of three total subtests (Math, Reading, Writing), all of which must be successfully completed in order for a person to be considered for entry into PNC’s Education Programs.
A person does not have to be a PNC student in order to take the CASA exam at Purdue University North Central’s testing center.
For More Information On The CASA Exam: http://www.in.nesinc.com/TestView.aspx?f=HTML_FRAG/IN001_TestPage.html
Registration Deadline and Fee Information:
- For the September 25, 2015 exam date, registration, payment in full and scheduling must be complete by Wednesday, September 23, 2015 at 11:59 p.m.
- For the October 30, 2015 exam date, registration, payment in full and scheduling must be complete by Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 11:59 p.m.
- For the December 4, 2015 exam date, registration, payment in full and scheduling must be complete by Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 11:59 p.m.
Registration Fee Information: $38.00 per subtest plus applicable PNC sitting fees
Applicable PNC Sitting Fees:
- For Those Registered To Take All Three Subtests On A Single Testing Date: $45.00
- For Those Registered To Take One Subtest On A Single Testing Date: $25.00
PLEASE NOTE: If a person chooses to schedule two single subtests on a given date, he or she must pay the $25.00 single subtest Sitting Fee for each subtest being taken on that date. He or she will not be permitted to pay the $45.00 Sitting Fee that is charged to examinees taking all three subtests on a single testing date instead. Additionally, all Sitting Fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable, meaning that a person will have to pay their applicable Sitting Fee(s) again if they decide to switch testing dates. Individuals should wait to pay their Sitting Fee(s) until after they have scheduled their testing date and know it will not be changing.
Payments will not be accepted on the date of testing and that registrations are not complete until all applicable fees are paid in full to Evaluation Systems and Purdue University North Central. If a person’s registration and payments are not complete and paid in full, he or she will not be permitted to take the exam on the scheduled testing date and will not be eligible for a refund for any monies paid.
If students need accommodations, they must register for and purchase the exam, as well as notify Cassandra Boehlke in the Office of Graduate and Extended Learning, at least two weeks prior to the registration deadline. In addition, if students indicate that they do need accommodations during the registration process, they will not be able to schedule a test date at that time. Evaluation Systems will contact the student directly.
- The student fills out the “Alternative Testing Arrangements Request Form for CASA IBT” and fax or mail it according to the instructions on the form. Student must include supporting documentation that meets Evaluation Systems’ Documentation Currency Policy requirements
- The student can ask that Gail Barker, PNC’s Disability Services Coordinator, fill out and submit an Institutional Verification of Documentation on an official PNC letterhead according to the information found on the form. Gail can be reached at (219) 785-5374 or email@example.com.
- The student fills out the “Alternative Testing Arrangements Request Form for CASA IBT” and fax or mail it according to the instructions on the form. Student must include supporting documentation that meets Evaluation Systems’ Documentation Currency Policy requirements.
To Get Started:
Step-by-step instructions on how to get signed up to take the CASA exam at PNC can be found Steps to Get Fully Registered to Take the CASA Exam at PNC. Use the buttons below to navigate to the registration and payment steps of the process.