Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress is updated each semester after grades have been posted. You will receive an email sent to your PNC Email and personal email address letting you know when your status has been updated. A message will also be posted to self-service Banner (SSB) related to your status. If your status is:
- Satisfactory – you continue to remain eligible for financial aid;
- Warning or Probation – you continue to remain eligible for financial aid, however, you must meet all Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements in order to receive financial aid in future terms;
- Ineligible – you are not eligible for financial aid until you once again meet all Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements or have an approved appeal and academic plan.
Students placed in an “Ineligible” status will also receive notification via U.S. Mail. Students with extenuating circumstances beyond their control may submit an appeal to the Financial Aid Office. The priority deadline for submitting an appeal is the end of the second week of classes for the semester (Friday, May 29, 2015 for the summer 2015 semester). Appeals must be turned in prior to the end of the semester.
Statements submitted with the Satisfactory Academic Progress appeal should follow the format as outlined below:
- Explain what the causes were for academic ineligibility.
- Explain what has changed or what steps have been taken to address the academic ineligibility.
- Explain how these changes or steps taken will allow academic success going forward.
Both Federal statues and U.S. Department of Education regulations require institutions of higher education to establish minimum standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress for students receiving federal aid. In addition, all state program regulations (Frank O’Bannon Grant, Twenty-First Century Scholars, etc.) require students to meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress criteria established for federal student aid. If you have any questions related to your status, contact the Financial Aid Office at (219) 785-5460.
To view your assigned Academic Advisor or Faculty Mentor, your financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress status and your overall GPA go to Degree Works through the MyPNC portal.
- Click on MyPNC and enter your Username and Password
- Click on the Degree Works tab
- Click on Launch Degree Works on the right side of the webpage
You are encouraged to meet with your Academic Advisor to review your academic progress.
You are also invited to take advantage of the services offered by the Student Success Center to achieve your academic goals. The Student Success Center is located in the Library, Student and Faculty (LSF) Building, Room 202. The following services are available in the Student Success Center:
- Drop-in Tutoring – no appointment needed
- Time-Management Counseling
- Improving your Study Skills and Study Groups
- Placement Testing and more!
Contact the Student Success Center at (219) 785-5326.