Completing a Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Go to StudentLoans.gov.
- Click the green Sign In button.
- Enter your social security number, the first two letters of your last name, your birthdate and your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Click the Sign In button.
- Click the Complete Master Promissory Note link.
- Select the type of loan. (Subsidized/Unsubsidized, Graduate PLUS, or Parent PLUS)
- Provide the Borrower Information requested.
- Select INDIANA for School State and PURDUE UNIVERSITY – NORTH CENTRAL for School Name.
- Click the Continue button.
- Provide References information requested and then click the Continue button.
- Carefully read each section of the Terms & Conditions.
- Click the check box to indicate you have read and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Review the information and make changes if necessary.
- Enter your first name, middle initial and last name and click the Sign button.
- Review your Master Promissory Note and click the Submit button.
- NOTE: Your MPN is not submitted until you have completed this step.
- The confirmation page will be displayed. You may view, save and/or print a copy of your completed MPN from this page. It is recommended that you keep a copy or print out of your MPN for your records.
- Click Logout to finish your session.
Back to Financial Aid