Financial Aid - Forms
Legal Guardianship Documentation
The Financial Aid Office at Purdue University North Central will request this documentation only if it is needed to complete your financial aid file.
You indicated on your FAFSA that you are or were in legal guardianship as determined by a court in your state of legal residence.
- Submit a copy of a court’s decision that you are or were in legal guardianship immediately before you reached the age of being an adult in your state to the Financial Aid Office. The court must be located in your state of legal residence at the time the court’s decision was issued.
- If you answered Question 54 on your FAFSA incorrectly, if you are still a minor and the court decision is no longer in effect or the court decision was not in effect at the time you became an adult, you will need to:
- correct Question 54 to "No" on your Student Aid Report (SAR)
- provide parental information on your SAR
- request parent obtain a PIN from the U.S. Department of Education at http://www.pin.ed.gov, if necessary, to serve as your parent’s electronic signature
- resubmit your corrected SAR electronically at http://www.fafsa.gov with your and your parent’s electronic signature
Important: Remember to include your PUID and name on all documentation submitted to the Financial Aid Office at Purdue University North Central.
Back to Financial Aid