Loan Exit Counseling

Exit Counseling is required for all students that have graduated, withdrawn, or have been enrolled less than half-time (fewer than 6 credit hours for an undergraduate and fewer than 4 credit hours for a graduate). Exit Counseling provides information to students on your rights and responsibilities as a student loan borrower. You will also learn useful tips to help you manage your loans and prevent loan delinquency or default. You can complete your Stafford loan Exit Counseling session and get information on managing repayment at If you have a Perkins loan, you can complete your Exit Counseling session at

You can find your loan servicer and review your borrowing history at the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS).  It is important to contact your loan servicer and make sure that your address, phone number(s), email address and other information are accurate.  If there are any changes in your contact information, make sure to let your loan servicer know.  You can also talk to your loan servicer about different repayment plans as well as options if you are having trouble with loan repayment such as deferment or forbearance.

Additional resources are available to help you with managing student loan debt and your money at our Financial Literacy webpage.

You can also contact the Purdue North Central (PNC) Financial Aid Office at (219) 785-5460, or email us at

If you are planning to come back to PNC, or attend another university, make sure to complete an In-School Deferment form. You cannot complete this form until you are registered for the upcoming term. This form alerts your lenders that you are now back in school at an “At Least Half-Time Status” (6 credit hours or more for undergraduate students). This will take you out of repayment until you graduate, withdraw, or stop attending at an at least half-time status.

Once you have completed the Exit Counseling process, PNC will be notified electronically. You may also notify PNC if you wish.