Information for Incoming Freshmen Parents
- New Student Orientation- An informational event that is mandatory for all incoming Freshmen to attend. Student Success Center 219-785-5326
- Academic Advising-Assists students in identifying and clarifying their academic directions and educational goals, and to help them develop and maintain effective plans and strategies for continued success. 219-785-5678
Financial Literacy- Financial Aid Office 219-785-5460
- File FAFSA before March 10- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid needs to be completed in order for a student to be qualified for financial aid. The FAFSA forms are available January 1st for the following academic year.
- pnc.edu/financial aid
- College Goal Sunday and Financial Aid Saturday- The Enrollment Services office hosts two events that assist students with completing the FAFSA.
- Paying the bill- Bills can be paid online through Banner or by contacting the Bursar Office on campus. Bursar Office 219-785-5338
Off Campus Housing
- Resident Life Staff
- Gallery Cafe – The cafeteria on campus accepts VISA, MasterCard, Discover and cash. We do not have a meal plan on campus. The hours are 7:30a.m.-6:00p.m. Monday-Thursday and 7:30a.m.-2:00p.m. on Friday. 219-785-5261
- Where to buy groceries- Westville (Old Time Foods, Dollar General), Michigan City (Wal-Mart, Meijer, Al’s Supermarket)
- Location- We do not offer transportation from campus to neighboring cities. From campus downtown Westville is 3 miles, Michigan City is 9 miles, Valparaiso is 14 miles, South Bend is 43 miles and Chicago, IL is 56 miles. The SouthShore has two locations in Michigan City for students to access the train easily.
Campus Security-Campus Police 219-785-5220
- Emergency Text Alert- This service is used exclusively for school closing announcements and campus emergency alerts. Students can sign up for the alert in their myPNC.
- Campus Crime Stats
- Assistance provided by Campus Police- Campus Police staff/officers assist students with car problems, provide an escort to a student’s vehicle, conduct classes on and S.A.F.E. training and house the campus lost and found.
Proxy Access- Students at PNC now have the ability to authorize another person, such as a parent or guardian, to view their student information as displayed within Self-Service Banner (SSB). Individuals granted Proxy access by a student will have the ability to view Self-Service Banner (SSB) pages for that specific student, as authorized by the student, such as financial aid award and summary information, descriptions of holds on records, grades, unofficial transcripts, and class and final exam schedules.
Students may also provide a passphrase to a proxy for them to use when speaking with a PNC representative (Enrollment Services staff or Academic Advisors) about their data contained within the student information system. This added security ensures the confidentiality of a student's information under FERPA regulations. A PNC staff member will only be able to discuss information about the student, in person or over the phone, after the proxy has provided the passphrase for that student to the PNC representative.
Steps to Assigning Proxy Access
- Sign on to Self-Service Banner(SSB) from the Student Banner page in the My PNC Portal
- Click on FERPA/PNC Proxy Access
- Click on PNC Proxy Access Management
Students may revoke proxy access authorizations at any time via Self-Service Banner (SSB) by removing permission from a proxy user.
For information about authorizing other individuals (such as parents or guardians) to view a bursar bill, and to pay all or part of the balance due, see Bursar Bill and Payment Authorization. For more information about access to Bursar Account information, including e-bills, students must create an Authorized Payer access from the Manage My Account link from the Student Banner page within the My PNC Portal. This is separate from the Proxy Access process.
- Dean of Students- Offers career testing, counseling services for students, disciplinary action if required, assists students with issues they encounter on campus. 219-785-5230
- Office of Athletics- PNC is in the NAIA conference. We have Men’s Basketball, Baseball, and Golf and Women’s Volleyball, Softball and Cross Country (beginning in 2014). 219-785-5273
- Office of Activities- There are over 40 clubs that students can get involved in on campus. This department hosts numerous campus events like Pride Week and Convocation. 219-785-5479
- The Career Center- Assists students with creating or perfecting a resume, hosts career fairs, provides information on jobs and internships at pnc.optimalresume.com and on campus student employment. 219-785-5451
- Student Success Center – Offers tutoring and study skills prep, accommodated testing. 219-785-5326
- Student Support Services- Providing learning, discovery and engagement opportunities through quality academic, career and personal support services to low income, first generation college students and students with disabilities. Students must apply to be in the program. 219-785-5312
- Disability Services- Academic accommodations and other services are provided on an individual basis determined by documented need. Documentation of the disability must be on file in our office and completed by a physician or qualified health care professional. 219-785-5374