The Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology program offers both a bachelor of science degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology (ECET) and an associate of science degree in Electrical Engineering Technology (EET).
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Associate of Science in EET
- Graduates of our Associate Degree Program are involved in selling, installing, operating, maintaining, troubleshooting or repairing systems of electrical equipment, electronics and computers, in a variety of applications, such as microprocessors and micro-controllers; industrial control systems; instrumentation; hospital & biomedical equipment; power generation and transmission; computer hardware, software and networks.
- Graduates of our Associate Degree Program are academically prepared to continue their education in our Bachelor’s Degree Program.
Bachelor of Science in ECET
- Graduates of our Bachelor’s Degree Program are involved in specifying, designing, or developing new applications, based on electrical, electronics and computer systems, in a variety of applications, such as microprocessors and micro-controllers; industrial control systems; instrumentation; hospital & biomedical equipment; power generation and transmission; computer hardware, software and networks.
- As their careers advance, graduates of our Bachelor’s Degree Program will supervise teams of engineers, technologists and technicians, and use their written and verbal communications skills.
- Graduates of our Bachelor’s Degree Program are prepared to advance their education and many will choose to do so.
a. an ability to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of the discipline to broadly-defined engineering technology activities;
b. an ability to select and apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies;
c. an ability to conduct standard tests and measurements; to conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments; and to apply experimental results to improve processes;
d. an ability to design systems, components, or processes for broadly-defined engineering technology problems appropriate to program educational objectives;
e. an ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team;
f. an ability to identify, analyze, and solve broadly-defined engineering technology problems;
g. an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
h. an understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development;
i. an understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity;
j. a knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context; and
k. a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement
Our mission is to serve the needs of the citizens, industries, and community colleges of Northwest and North Central Indiana by:
- Providing a quality applications-oriented education in a broad array of areas within the electronics and computer hardware fields;
- Contributing to the advancement of technology, engineering, and education through scholarly work, publications or active participation in professional societies; and
- Serving as a technical resource for our constituents.
Our core values are: focus on learning; respect and caring for all students; providing a safe and nurturing environment; valuing a well-rounded education; celebrating diversity; collaborating with others and working as a team; maintaining a professional attitude at all times; serving our profession, community, state and country; maintaining the currency of our knowledge; and devotion to life-long learning.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering Technology: Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology Emphasis
- Associate of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology
- Minor in Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology (pdf)
- Plan of Study 2015 (pdf)
- Plan of Study 2015 (excel)
This program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC) of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
|Academic Year||Number of Graduates|
BS – ECET
|Academic Year||Number Enrolled|
AS – EET
|Academic Year||Number Enrolled|