Building Construction Management Technology
Students who have successfully completed the Associate Degree in Building Construction Management Technology will be able to:
- Apply principles of mathematics and applied science to solve all types of technical problems encountered in their career.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in multiple forms.
- Demonstrated ability to use specialized software to solve problems.
- Demonstrate a mastery of aspects of their education such as quantity take offs, material costing and materials testing.
- Use current surveying equipment and record measurements necessary for engineering and construction surveys.
- Ability to function effectively in laboratory settings by properly operating equipment, taking measurements, recording results, analyzing and reporting the results to improve a process.
- Demonstrate the ability to further their education or adapt to the everyday changing technology.
Construction Engineering and Management Technology
Students who have successfully completed the Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Engineering and Management Technology in addition to demonstrated mastery of the program outcomes for the associate degree in Building Construction Management Technology will be able to:
- Display leadership and interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment.
- Display evidence of ethical and professional work.
- Demonstrate an appropriate mastery of aspects such as soil mechanics, hydraulics, structural applications, concrete construction and management.
- Conduct standardized field and laboratory tests to investigate the property of soils and concrete in accordance with standards and codes.
- Analyze forces and stresses in structural systems and design components of steel and concrete structures.
MissionOur mission is to provide a quality construction education and develop leaders for the construction industry to serve the community needs in northwestern Indiana by:
- Providing a quality education within the engineering and construction management area.
- Contributing to the advancement of technology, engineering, and education through scholarly work, publication or active participation in professional societies, and
- Serving as a technical resource for the surrounding communities of northwestern Indiana.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Engineering and Management Technology
- Associate of Science Degree in Building Construction Management Technology