Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering
Technology Building 286
Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University, 2007
M.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University, 2002
B.S., Electronics Engineering, Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering and Technology, Pakistan, 2000
- ECE 30200 Probabilistic Methods in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 32100 Electromechanical Motion Devices
- ECE 32300 Electromechanical Motion Devices and Systems Laboratory
- ECE 36200 Microprocessor Systems and Interfacing
- ECE 44000 Transmission of Information
- ECE 46300 Introduction to Computer Communication Networks
- Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering, Purdue University North Central, 2013-present
- Course Instructor, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University, 2005-2006
- Teaching Assistant, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University, Spring 2001, 2003-2006
- Laboratory Assistant, School of Electrical Engineering Technology, Purdue University, Fall 2001
- Course Instructor, Mathematics Department, Purdue University, Fall 2000
- Senior Software Applications Engineer, Landis+Gyr, Lafayette, IN, 2009-2013
- Software Engineer, GH LLC, West Lafayette, 2007-2009
- W. Sheikh and A. Ghafoor, “Jitter-Minimized Reliability-Maximized Management of Networks,” International Journal of Network Management, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 185-222, May 2011.
- W. Sheikh and A. Ghafoor, “Optimal Bandwidth Allocation and Data Droppage Scheme for Differentiated Services in a Wireless Network,” Wiley Journal of Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, Vol. 10, No. 6, pp.733-747, June 2010.
- Z. Ali, W. Sheikh, E. K. P. Chong, and A. Ghafoor, “A Scalable Call Admission Control Algorithm,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 424-434, 2008.
- W. Sheikh, B. Shafiq, S. Baqai, R. Paul, M. Khan and H. Ghafoor, “A QoS Framework for Multimedia Applications in Mobile Ad hoc Networks,” Computer Systems: Science & Engineering, Vol. 22, No.3, 2007.
- E. Bouck, S. Flanagan, G. Kulkarni, W. Sheikh, and D. Schleppenbach, “Speaking Math – a Voice Input, Speech Output Calculator for Students with Visual Impairments,” Journal of Special Education Technology, Vol. 26, No.4, 2011.
- W. Sheikh and A. Ghafoor, “Quality-of-Service Routing in Heterogeneous Networks with Optimal Buffer and Bandwidth Allocation,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (IEEE ICC’2007), Glasgow, UK, June 2007.
- W. Sheikh, A. R. Bashandy, and A. Ghafoor, “A Combined Approach for QoS based Multicast Routing and Resource Allocation,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (IEEE ICC’2005), Seoul, Korea, May 2005.
- W. Sheikh, B. Shafiq, R. Paul, and A. Ghafoor, “Provision of Multimedia Services in a Mobile Ad Hoc Network,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Workshop on Object-Oriented Real-Time Dependable Systems, October 2003.
- W. Sheikh, J. Stanford, J. Kibilewski, D. Leas, and D. Schleppenbach, “Computer-Based Accessible Testing System for High-Stakes and State-Mandated Tests”, in proceedings of 24th Annual International Technology & Persons with Disabilities Conference (CSUN), Los Angeles, CA, March 2009.
- R. Paul, W. Sheikh, B. Shafiq, and A. Ghafoor, “A QoS Framework for Multimedia Communication for Wireless Mobile Ad Hoc Defense Networks,” in The Handbook of Mobile Middleware, Eds. P. Bellavista and A. Corradi, Auerbach Publications, 2006.
- B. Shafiq, W. Sheikh, and A. Ghafoor, “A QoS Framework for Multimedia Applications in a Mobile Ad Hoc Network,” IEC Comprehensive Report on Broadband Services, Applications, and Networks: Enabling Technologies and Business Models, 2004.