Blackboard will experience a service pack upgrade on May 17, 2014 during scheduled maintenance. The system will be unavailable from 6:00 p.m. CST, until midnight.
Service Pack 14
New Test Availability and Feedback options include:
- Test Exceptions that allow an instructor to add a user to the exception list for an extended test time, different test dates, and other test options
- Test Feedback options that allow an instructor to choose when feedback is released after the immediate submission, due date, or availability date
- Test Access Log that will document the time spent inside an exam in between questions and show the user’s progress
- Scoring attempt options and due date restrictions
Service Pack 11
Service Pack 11 is designed to improve existing features, most notably a more robust Text Editor [Opens in New Window] and an improved discussion forum [Opens in New Window] that can require first posting before revealing others’ posts.
Some new features have also been added to the new version to make the user experience simpler and more efficient for both instructors and students. New features include:
- Calendar synching with due dates [Opens in New Window]
- Assessment Item Analysis [Opens in New Window]
- Retention Center [Opens in New Window] that allows instructors to track students’ progress, specifically those at risk