Information Services – Respondus Download
- Double click the Computer icon on your desktop.
- Double click on S:\drive.
- Double click on ###PNC Employee folder.
- Double click on SOFTWARE folder.
- Double click on RESPONDUS folder.
- Double click on <<Respondus4Campus.exe>> to begin the installation process.
- Follow the installation instructions below.
Each year after July 31, you must request the new version of the client software for Respondus 4.0 and StudyMate Author along with a file that contains the information to complete the installation process. To do this, email firstname.lastname@example.org and information will be sent to you including a new license key and the software download.
For more information, visit http://www.itap.purdue.edu/learning/tools/respondus/.
The file you downloaded is named Respondus4Campus.exe. Locate the file on your hard drive and double click it to start the Respondus installation program. During the installation process, you will be asked to enter the name of the institution, the local support contact and the installation password. The information must be entered EXACTLY as follows:
- Institution Name (refer to S:\SOFTWARE\RespondusREADME.doc for Institution Name)
- Local Support Contacts (refer to S:\SOFTWARE\RespondusREADME.doc for Local Support Contacts)
- Installation Password (refer to S:\SOFTWARE\RespondusREADME.doc for Installation Password)
- We recommend that you accept the default settings for where the program is installed.
It is important to note that you are not able to download the software directly from the Respondus website, nor will you be able to use the password listed above to activate a copy previously downloaded from their site. Follow the directions above to obtain the software package and license key authorized for use by Purdue employees.
*Our licensing agreement allows you to install Respondus on both your campus and home computers. However, please note that you are not permitted to provide the Respondus software or the password information to anyone who is not affiliated with our institution. Such an action is a violation of our licensing agreement with Respondus and is also illegal.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please contact the Help Desk at ext. 5511 or submit a trouble ticket online at: PNC Services
Looking for Respondus LockDown Browser?