Your most common questions are answered here – read on to learn more!
Make Course Available/Unavailable
This will allow an instructor to make their course available before the beginning of term. This option is also useful to re-open the course to students who may need access to previous content to finish an assignment or exam after the semester ends.
Copying Course Materials across Sections
Managing Your Due Dates
Working in the Grade Center
- Video tutorials for the Grade Center
- Setting up your Grade Center and grading student work
- Additional help for grading assignments and quizzes
Allowing different test attempts/settings for individual students
Merging Course Sections
If you wish to merge course sections of similar courses/sections that you teach into on BlackBoard course, you may now do so from the Utilities tab in BlackBoard through the new Self-Service Course Merge Tool. Be sure to create your merge BEFORE adding content to the course, if possible.
Also, note that you must be enrolled in all course sections you wish to merge – if you are not, please log a ticket with Information Services to request your merge instead.
- Help for Students and Instructors
- PDF Guide (require students to use LockDown browser when they take an exam in Blackboard)
Retention Center and Student Tracking
- Using the Retention Center (terrific for helping identify struggling students and notifying them when they are at-risk)
- Retention Center tutorial
- Find Date Last Accessed.pdf (When a student withdraws from a course, you may need to determine the date they last accessed the course in BB Learn.)
Create a Course Welcome Banner
- Create a Custom Banner (PDF) (Faculty can create custom banner images and upload them into each of their Blackboard Learn courses. These banners can be saved online and edited each semester, if desired.)