System Update Return to E-Newsletter
During the Fall Semester, PNC conducted classes in both
Blackboard Vista and Blackboard Learn. The BbLearn Pilot has been
successful, despite a few unforeseen system issues that have been
* Overall, about 40% (200+) of available Fall Semester course sections (i.e., courses with a Blackboard presence) were in BbLearn.
* About 75 faculty taught at least one course section in the Fall Semester. This is a very positive level of participation, especially when taken in conjunction with the enthusiastic level of faculty participation in the BbLearn transition workshops throughout the Spring, Summer, and Fall.
* System administrators at WL actively pursued solutions to issues that arose several times during the Fall Semester pilot.
* The system became progressively more stable over the course of the semester.
* Planning is well underway to ensure that the system will be able to handle the increased load that will come with the full go-live in January (as well as potential growth in load from increased adoption).
* Throughout the pilot semesters, we have taken care to ensure that our students were given a voice. We have worked on their issues, answered their questions, and solicited their feedback.
* While glitches and problems are never liked, student feedback has been quite positive throughout, and was indicated in their responses on a recently administered student survey.