We are enthusiastic about our mission to assist faculty as they incorporate new technologies into their teaching. As technology becomes more prevalent in the education environment, it is more important than ever that pedagogically effective uses remain the focus. We aim to:
- Provide ACCESS and SUPPORT for Technology Teaching Tools
- Provide CONSULTING for Instructional Design/ Redesign
- IMPROVE the QUALITY of Online and Hybrid Courses
News and Events
Our new workshop schedule and e-newsletter are now available for the Spring 2015 semester! Please check out these resources and mark your calendars for some of our upcoming professional development opportunities. If you have any questions at all, don’t hesitate to send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spring 2015 Professional Development Calendar, including open hours, brown-bag lunch workshops, and BlackBoard help sessions
- Review our Spring 2015 e-Newsletter with details on special opportunities starting this semester
In LSF 170A and LSF-02, please join us at any time February 9th through 11th to participate in the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI) virtual conference! All sessions will streamed and available for viewing according to the online ELI agenda.
Don’t miss a special live presentation from Professors Chuang, Coates, Klosinski, Rogalin, Trekles, and White at 12:45pm on Tuesday February 10!
More Great Links
Find more resources, support, and ideas for effective teaching in the links below.
Our office can help you accomplish your goals when it comes to designing face-to-face, hybrid, and online learning materials, using instructional design theory and optimum technology integration. We can also provide training on the Web, in person, and in workshops and online seminars for a range of needs and tools, including:
- BlackBoard Learn
- Online and hybrid course development
- Adobe Connect
- Course Evaluation procedures
- Respondus test importing tool for BlackBoard
- Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Microsoft Office
- Camtasia and SnagIt
- Adobe Captivate custom presentations, assessments, and tutorials
- Bamboo Tablets
- Video editing and transfer from VHS to DVD (within copyright limitations – ask us for help!)
- A host of Web 2.0 tools
- and much more!
Our office also sponsors the BlackBoard Online Teaching Academy and other terrific opportunities for you to develop a online courses with the support of our staff and other faculty. The BlackBoard Academy is a 10-week online course open to any faculty member, including part-time faculty. Learn more about the Academy and our other opportunities here!
Learn more about us and the many tools available to you here on this site by using the menus at the top and right. Or, contact us on our Facebook or Twitter pages, send us an email, call, or stop by. We look forward to working with you!
Office: TECH 206 (office) and TECH 298 (lab)