We are enthusiastic about our mission to assist faculty as they incorporate new technologies into their teaching. As technology becomes more prevalent in the education environment, it is more important than ever that pedagogically effective uses remain the focus. We aim to:
- Provide ACCESS and SUPPORT for Technology Teaching Tools
- Provide CONSULTING for Instructional Design/ Redesign
- IMPROVE the QUALITY of Online and Hybrid Courses
Upcoming News and Events
We’d like to introduce our first OLT Podcast, part of series of videos with insights into teaching and learning, featuring our own PNC faculty. In this episode, learn some tips and tricks from Dr. Derek Bjonback, associate professor of economics, who recounts his experiences in teaching online for the first time.
Be sure to check out our upcoming workshops and other “big happenings!”
Our office can help you accomplish your goals when it comes to designing face-to-face, hybrid, and online learning materials, using instructional design theory and optimum technology integration. We can also provide training on the Web, in person, and in workshops and online seminars for a range of needs and tools, including:
- BlackBoard Learn
- Online and hybrid course development
- Adobe Connect
- Course Evaluation procedures
- Respondus test importing tool for BlackBoard
- Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Microsoft Office
- Camtasia and SnagIt
- Adobe Captivate custom presentations, assessments, and tutorials
- Bamboo Tablets
- Video editing and transfer from VHS to DVD (within copyright limitations – ask us for help!)
- A host of Web 2.0 tools
- and much more!
Our office also sponsors the BlackBoard Online Teaching Academy and other terrific opportunities for you to develop a online courses with the support of our staff and other faculty. The BlackBoard Academy is a 10-week online course open to any faculty member, including part-time faculty. Learn more about the Academy and our other opportunities here!
Learn more about us and the many tools available to you here on this site by using the menus at the top and right. Or, contact us on our Facebook or Twitter pages, send us an email, call, or stop by. We look forward to working with you!
Office: TECH 206 (office) and TECH 298 (lab)