News and Events
Join in for some great professional development opportunities this summer! Choose from two different session times each week between May 26 and June 16 – you can even join in from WebEx! Check out our Summer 2015 Workshops page for more information and a registration link.
Check out our updated Spring 2015 calendar for exciting new opportunities added for Spring 2015.
- Assistive Technology Workshop, March 27, 11:30-1:00pm, LSF-60: Learn more about how you can help all learners succeed with tips and helpful information, co-presented by Cathy Cassady, Coordinator of Disability Services
- Technology Showcase, April 8, 11am- 1pm, TECH 298: Meet your “ideal match” in quick 5-10 demonstrations of a variety of new and different technologies available for your classroom!
- Two new BlackBoard help sessions: Wednesday April 29 (Items vs. Documents) and Wednesday May 6 (Rubrics and Assessments) – 4:00pm-5:30pm in TECH 298
This year, don’t forget that March is Disability Awareness Month, and the OLT and the Dean of Students Office will be working together on a host of activities, including a disability awareness and assistive technology workshop on Friday March 27 from 11:30-12:30 in LSF-60. Lunch will be provided for this special session, co-presented by Cathy Cassady, Disability Services Coordinator, and Staci Trekles, Director of the Office of Learning Technology.
Also, check out all of the useful and fun awareness events happening throughout the month of March, including a few special OLT Podcasts featuring experts in assistive technology and working with students with disabilities!
Want to get more help in designing or redesigning a hybrid, face-to-face, or online course? Or, would you like to help others learn how to develop quality courses using technology? Become a Faculty Developer or a Guide in our 2015-2016 Technology Mentorship Program cohort! There are many wonderful things you will learn, and you’ll get a chance to connect with great people. Learn more at our Technology Mentorship Program page, and inquire or sign up by contacting Staci Trekles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the OLT
Welcome! We are enthusiastic about our mission to assist faculty as they incorporate new technologies into their teaching. As technology becomes more prevalent in the education environment, it is more important than ever that pedagogically effective uses remain the focus. We aim to:
- Provide ACCESS and SUPPORT for Technology Teaching Tools
- Provide CONSULTING for Instructional Design/ Redesign
- IMPROVE the QUALITY of Online and Hybrid Courses
Our office can help you accomplish your goals when it comes to designing face-to-face, hybrid, and online learning materials, using instructional design theory and optimum technology integration. We can also provide training on the Web, in person, and in workshops and online seminars for a range of needs and tools, including:
- BlackBoard Learn
- Online and hybrid course development
- Adobe Connect
- Course Evaluation procedures
- Respondus test importing tool for BlackBoard
- Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Microsoft Office
- Camtasia and SnagIt
- Adobe Captivate custom presentations, assessments, and tutorials
- Bamboo Tablets
- Video editing and transfer from VHS to DVD (within copyright limitations – ask us for help!)
- A host of Web 2.0 tools
- and much more!
Our office also sponsors the BlackBoard Online Teaching Academy and other terrific opportunities for you to develop a online courses with the support of our staff and other faculty. The BlackBoard Academy is a 10-week online course open to any faculty member, including part-time faculty. Learn more about the Academy and our other opportunities here!
Learn more about us and the many tools available to you here on this site by using the menus at the top and right. Or, contact us on our Facebook or Twitter pages, send us an email, call, or stop by. We look forward to working with you!
Office: TECH 206 (office) and TECH 298 (lab)