Help Desk Technical Assistant Job Application
Today’s Date: ___________________
Full Name: ______________________________ PNC E-mail Address: ___________________
Address (including City, State, Zip):
Home Phone #: ______________ Cell Phone #: ______________
(Which Phone # is best to reach you at first – Home or Cell?
1. Have you completed a Federal Student Aid FAFSA application? (NOTE: The completion of the FAFSA application is not required for this position. It just entitles the applicant for possible work-study funding.)
2. Why are you interested in becoming a technical assistant in our Help Desk department in Information Services?
3. Please describe any customer service skills you have. What experience do you have helping people over the phone, in person, and through written communication?
4. Have you ever held a customer service position (i.e., retail, restaurant wait staff, information desk, etc.)? Please describe if answered yes:
5. What has been the most difficult obstacle or task that you have had to overcome at school or work? How did you handle this situation?
6. Describe a situation where you encountered a difficult person (at work or school). How did you handle this situation?
7. Do you prefer to work alone or in a team? Why?
8. How long have you been using a computer? If you own a computer, indicate which type you have (including a laptop) and what you use it for.
9. In which machine environment and version are you comfortable?
Windows_____ Macintosh_____ Both_____ Neither_____ Don’t Know_____ Other _________________________
Windows version(s) _____________________________ Macintosh version(s) _____________________________
10. What email programs have you used (if any)?
11. What Internet Browsers have you used (if any)?
12. List the application software you have used (if any). Attach a list if necessary.
13. What experience do you have with other sorts of technical equipment? Have you used projectors, sound systems, video cameras, digital cameras, blackberry’s, iphones, etc.?
14. Do you have any experience with hardware repairs? Please describe if answered yes:
15. List computer-related classes you have taken (if any).
16. What is your major (example C&IT)?
17. Describe your work experience (if any). Tell us where and when you worked, and briefly describe what you did. If you have references, please provide as well.
18. Why do you think you would be a good technical assistant in our Help Desk?
19. How many hours a week are you interested in working?
20. Since this position may require you to work weekends, are you available Saturday and/or Sunday?
21. Are you available to work mornings and/or evenings?
22. Have you ever been convicted of a crime? (Circle One) Yes No
If yes, list date, charge, place, court and action taken:
Please return this application, along with your class schedule, to the Help Desk in Tech 265.
Your application WILL NOT be considered without a current semester class schedule. Completing an application does not guarantee employment – you will be notified if you will be hired.
If the semester already started, most likely a position (if any) will not be available until the following semester. If a position does become available, you will be contacted by PNC email and a copy of your class schedule will be required to be hired.
I understand that employment in certain jobs at Purdue University North Central is conditional upon a review of criminal conviction records, and I authorize the University to request and obtain, through the Indiana State Police, a Limited Criminal Conviction Report as necessary.
I understand that employment at Purdue University North Central in jobs that work with or around children is contingent upon compliance with Zachary’s Law and a review of the Indiana Sex Offender Registry.
I understand that any false statement by me in this application or failure to provide any material information requested will be cause of rejection of my application or dismissal from any subsequent employment.
I understand I must be currently enrolled as a student and must immediately disclose if I am no longer enrolled. Upon disclosure of enrollment, termination will be necessary. Any changes or updates to my class schedule must be submitted immediately to my supervisor.
I understand some positions require my involvement with confidential records and confidential information. With this in mind, I will be required to maintain strict discretion and confidentiality under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA). I understand that any violation of either policy will result in my immediate termination.
Signature:_____________________________________ Date: ____________________