Degree Works is a web-based product that enables students and their academic advisors and faculty mentors to review past, present, and future academic coursework to evaluate which degree requirements are complete and which degree requirements are remaining. Degree Works integrates seamlessly with my.pnc.edu.
Benefits of Degree Works
- Supports real time delivery of degree completion information through intuitive web self-service interfaces
- Enables students to check their progress toward degree completion on-line 24/7
- Uses checklists and status bars to help students monitor their progress toward degree completion
- Enables students to see classes they need to graduate and how those classes fit together each semester
- Helps students plan for future courses and review their course history
- Helps students see how long it would take to graduate should they decide to change majors, minors, or concentrations
- Provides the ability for advisors and faculty mentors to make degree requirement substitutions electronically
- Online environment reduces paperwork and manual degree checklists
- Advisor Notes - enables academic advisors and faculty mentors to easily document who the student met with and when, and what advice was given
- What If - shows students how progress towards degree completion changes if they add a minor or change majors
- Plans - Provides students with a pre-defined plan for a particular program of study for use in student advising. (Electronic version of the paper bingo sheet)
- GPA Calculators - Helps students with realistic goal setting at the beginning of the term or academic career; provides a precise calculation of student’s end-of-term GPA using the student’s actual academic information; provides accurate mapping of student’s paths for achieving honors, avoiding probation, or satisfying personal academic aspirations.
- Exception Processing - Provides the ability for academic advisors and faculty mentors to make degree requirement substitutions electronically