Conflict Resolution Process

Purdue University North Central seeks to help students with problems at the most appropriate level in the University. Students should proceed through the appropriate department in which the student had the issue, concern or problem.

Filing Complaints at Purdue University North Central

Classroom and Academic Issues

Students should discuss classroom issues with their instructor. If unresolved, students should talk with the department chair. If still unresolved, students should discuss the situation with the dean of the college in which the course is taught.

Non-class Issues

Students should discuss University issues with the appropriate staff member or supervisor. If unresolved, students should contact the appropriate chain-of-command contact for that department. Contacts for certain offices on campus are listed below.

Tuition and fee payments issues, contact the Bursar’s Office

Course registration and grades issues, contact the Registrar’s Office

Grants and loans issues, contact Financial Aid

Student conduct and grade appeals, contact the Dean of Students Office

Admissions issues, contact Admissions (undergraduate courses) or Graduate Studies (graduate courses).

Purdue University North Central administrative offices are open Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central Standard Time and observe standard US holidays.

Filing Complaints Outside of Purdue University North Central

If you believe your complaint has not been properly addressed within Purdue University North Central, you are free to enter your complaint with other organizations at the state and national levels.

The Indiana Commission for Higher Education authorizes Purdue University North Central to offer undergraduate and graduate level certificates, baccalaureate, masters, doctorate, and first professional degrees. You may submit a complaint at the ICHE website.

At the national level, Purdue University North Central is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Information regarding complaint process can be found on at the HLC website.

Distance Education

Students in distance education programs can also submit a complaint regarding a Purdue University North Central course in the state where you are residing as you take the course. Below is a state-by-state list the agencies in each state responsible for complaints regarding out-of-state distance education programs.

Complaint Resolution Contacts by State