You are Our Partner:
The Career Center at PNC offers a number of resources and opportunities employers. We look forward to partnering with you to maximize your recruitment efforts and our goal is to increase the number of PNC hires within your organization. The Career Center serves students and alumni of Purdue University, regardless of their campus affiliation.
Policies Regarding Employer Practices
The Career Center has developed the following policies to ensure that PNC students and alumni are treated fairly and are being recruited for viable positions. The Career Center reserves the right to deny recruiting privileges (resume drops, on campus interviewing, career fairs, etc.) to any organization. Please see our Policy Page.
Posting Jobs & Internships
There are several effective ways for your organization to recruit PNC students and alumni. We recommend utilizing a variety of strategies to accomplish your recruiting needs. Below is an explanation of each:
Online Job & Internship Listings
The CareerTrax career management system provides an easy and cost effective way for businesses/organizations to link to academically talented PNC students and alumni. Employers who would like to list open positions for PNC candidates must do so through the system. The listings are available online 24 hours a day to PNC students and alumni. When you post your open employment opportunity, you may choose to have candidates apply externally through your own applicant tracking system, or you may have the candidates apply within your CareerTrax account. There is no charge to post and you can list as many postings as you would like. The Career Center staff will review all postings for approval prior to their posting.
In order to post a job/internship, you must register with our CereerTrax career management system, please follow these steps to register:
- To register on CareerTrax, click on the “Employers Click Here to Register!” link. You will be prompted to search for your organization and add yourself as a contact to it. If you cannot find your organization, click the “Can’t Find You Organization?” button and you will be directed to the employer registration form.
Note: All employer profiles will be put into a pending status until reviewed and approved by a Career Advisor.
- To post your Job/Internship, simply log on, hover over “My Jobs” and click on “New Job”. From here you will be able to post your employment opportunity. There may be existing postings in your account; therefore, you may just need to re-post the expired opening, which can be accomplished by clicking the “Copy Job” link in the top left corner of the page. Repeat this process if you have more than one position.
Note: All jobs will be put into a pending status until reviewed and approved by a Career Advisor.
Please note that internships that are offered for academic credit must go through an approval process with the the appropriate academic unit. Please see our Internship Services section for more information on that process.
- Once you have posted your job online, it will be placed in a “holding bin” to be reviewed by an Office of Career Development staff member within 24-48 hours. If approved, your job will be immediately available for students/alumni to view. If it is not approved, we will notify you of the reason.
On Campus Interviewing/Recruitment
Want to increase your presence on our campus? On campus recruitment is another method that you can use increase your talent pool of qualified candidates. PNC’s Career Center offers the following On Campus Recruiting programs:
- Self-Scheduled: Employers may schedule an information session that is connected to a career fair and/or student organization. Self-scheduling requires coordination at least 30 days advance notification. Most employers find success in self-scheduling a few weeks after an event.
- Pre-Select: Employers may posts jobs for free on our campus job board and pre-select candidates to whom they wish to interview. The Career Center will set up the interview schedule for you, and you may conduct your interviews on campus or at your employment site.
- Open Schedule: Employers may post a job and have students immediately sign up for an interview.
On campus recruitment programs are free of charge to an employer. We have found that employers that have the most success recruiting on our campus start early and coordinate their recruitment efforts with our office. Employers interested in On Campus Recruitment may contact the Career Center to set up their schedule, or they may go online to complete their request(s).
Click Here to submit an on campus request for the North Central Campus.
Click Here to submit an on campus request for the Calumet Campus.