Office of Career Development -
How to Access the Campus Job Board
- Log onto www.collegecentral.com/pnc.
- Click the Register Now link on your school's Student or Alumni page. This will take you directly to the registration page.
- Your School Name will be pre-filled for you. However, if the area is blank, you must enter "Purdue University North Central".
- Students must use their PUID as their Access ID. If you do not know your PUID, you may look it up on MyPNC portal page. Your Access ID is a 9 digit number. If your ID starts with 00, omit the first 0. Alumni must create an Access ID that they will remember.
- The initial Student Password is "pncjobs", Alumni should enter a Password that you will remember.
- Confirm your Password.
- Click Continue Registration.
- Enter all demographic information. Fields with an asterisk (*) are required (Name, Current Address, Phone, Email Address).
- Answer questions about where you want to work and the kinds of jobs that interest you.
- You can receive emails directly from College Central Network regarding job postings that match your interests. If you prefer not to receive these emails, please indicate this in the E-Mail Authorization area.
- Click Submit Information. You will then see a confirmation that your information has been accepted.
- Click the Go to My Home Page link. You will then be taken to your home page. All services that are available to you can be accessed from this page.
- To return to your home page on subsequent visits, go to PNC's Student or Alumni page and click the Log in at Student (Alumni) Central link. Your School Name will be pre-filled for you. Enter your Access ID and Password and click Go.
UPLOADING YOUR RÉSUMÉ
You may upload a résumé at any time after you are registered in Student Central or Alumni Central using one of three formats: Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Rich Text Format (.rtf). Please note that in consideration of users with slow internet connections, we allow a maximum résumé file size of 100 KB.
To upload your résumé:
- Log in from Student Central or Alumni Central using your School Name, Access ID and Password.
- From your home page, click the Upload a Résumé link.
- Follow the instructions on the page.
- You may view the résumé you have uploaded by clicking the icon next to its name. We strongly recommend that you view your résumé after you have uploaded it to make sure that it is the correct file and that it appears as you intended.
- Select the Résumé Authorization that you prefer and click the Save Authorizations button. You may change this Authorization at any time.
SEARCHING FOR JOBS
You will see two areas inside CCN to search jobs; for jobs posted to our campus (from affiliated with the Weekly Job Flash) click on "Search for Jobs/Opportunities Posted to My School", and Search for Jobs in CCN's Jobs Central will be jobs posted to College Central's national job board. You are encouraged to use both searches.
Several search criteria are available to you when conducting your job search in College Central. You may view all available jobs by leaving all of these fields at their default settings. However, it is a good idea to do a more focused search by choosing appropriate criteria. We suggest that you select Job Type and Location Preference as criteria for your initial search. Keep in mind that each criterion that is added will reduce the number of jobs that are displayed.