Applying to Purdue North Central
How to Apply Video
Continue on a Saved Application
Download PDF Application
Direct Admission Requirements
- An Indiana Core 40 or Academic Honors high school diploma, or equivalent
- A scholastic aptitude test score of 1400 on the SAT or 20 on the ACT
- Incoming students coming directly from Indiana high schools as of 2012 must have passed their End of Course Assessments (ECA's) or are on track to get a waiver
At PNC, the Enrollment Service Admissions team practices “holistic” admissions. We believe that a student’s high school cumulative GPA is not the only determining factor. We also calculate a five subject GPA, which includes Math, English, Science, Social Studies and Foreign Language. The SAT/ACT score, the High School Rank (if applicable) and individual subject GPA's are equally important and play a role in the final admission decision.
If an applicant's academic background does not meet the direct entrance standards, the applicant may be granted one of the following alternative offers of admission:
- Conditional admission (with the stipulation that the conditional status will be re-evaluated once the student has completed 12 college-level credit hours with "C" or better).
- Admission on probation (admission with the understanding that if the student does not achieve a specified average in the first semester, the student will be dropped from the University. In most cases, admission on probation will be applied only to transfer students who were on probation at their previous school and former Purdue students who left the University on probation.
All of the alternative admission offers are granted based on the belief that the student has a reasonable chance of gaining regular admission at a later date. If the applicant's academic history cannot support this belief, the applicant will be denied admission to the University.
Programs (such as Nursing and Elementary Education) may impose additional subject matter and quality requirements in order to select the strongest applicants in a consistent and equitable manner. These additional requirements would not impact the applicant's admission to uncapped programs.
If you have questions about your admissibility, please call the Admissions Office at (219) 785-5505.
When applying you will need...
- Official High School Transcripts or GED scores
- Official College/University Transcripts (if transferring to PNC)
- $30 Transcript Evaluation Fee (if transferring to PNC)
- DD-214 (military discharge form)
Transcripts can be sent to:
Purdue University North Central
Schwarz Building Room 40
1401 S. US Hwy 421
Westville , IN 46391-9542
Do you have questions? If so, please e-mail Enrollment Services or call 219-785-5505.
Learn more about the Midwest Student Exchange Program.
* Any admission to the University is provisional pending
the receipt of all required student information. The University
reserves the right to cancel any admission if a student fails
to provide all necessary credentials, or if fraudulent statements
are made by the applicant on the application for admission.
Technology Building Room 157
Porter County Location
Undergrad Building Room 111